1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by sapphirevegas, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of going to foundation room with a MyVegas comp in two weeks. Has anyone been? The BF isn't keen as he does not want to get all dressed up on vacation in 100 degree heat. I have heard different stories on the dress code. We are not bums by any means...could he get away with nice khaki shorts and a polo, dock shoes...or are long pants required?

Yearly trip
    Part two
  2. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No shorts. Go to ducks last resort or carnival court

3. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh you'd be completely fine in khakis and a polo. Last November? Went with a group in shorts and polos. We were Platinum and got comp entry, though. It's NOT a formal place at all.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sapphire I am curious. If you have not already purchased the Foundation Room comp, what are you considering? I think the Foundation Room was cool and am sure the crowd makes it fun but it's not quite as nice as I was expecting. We went a couple of weeks ago and were somewhat underwhelmed. Yes, they have odd little rooms and fun things to look at but the view patio is pretty small and some of the furnishings are getting worn. I did think the dining room looked fantastic and would like to have dinner sometime.

5. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to come off as snotty. If you are insinuating that we are trash, we are not. He just likes to relax on vacation and not have to get dressed up to get into a club. With that attitude, I wouldn't recommend your "business" on here. :vomit:

Yearly trip
    Part two
  6. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like to do something different every trip. I love great views of the city, and I heard the one on the patio is amazing. We weren't going to eat, just have a few drinks and chill for a while. And thank you for your constructive comments. Very helpful.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    Yearly trip
    Part two
  7. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had purchase a Foundation room pass on My Vegas and then turned it back in, Wife and I are going to see Santana in Sept and a groupon came over $99 with GA to the HOB and a pass into Foundation Room with a cocktail thought that was a better deal and will use the LP's on something else

8. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had on shorts and a collared shirt in May and were not able to go up. Guy wasn't a dick at all, and told us that if we came back in a nice pair of jeans he'd be more than happy to let us go up for free (we were staying at PH so didn't take him up on the offer). This was a group of 7 guys too. I'm thinking a couple should be able to get in relatively easily, especially if you head there around sunset or so. We were able to go up to Mix in shorts/collared shirt.

9. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike, I think you made the right choice. If you want to go early I would suggest stopping by your hotel concierge. Ours put us on the VIP list gratis and we could have gone back late in the evening when things were busy. Don't get me wrong, it is worth a beer if for no other reason than to take pics next to one of the Buddha statues or on the patio when few people are around.

Sapphire, it you are looking for something unique we all have a ton of suggestions. Frankie's Tiki Room is a great place and not too far from downtown. I am a big fan of some of the East Fremont bars like The Griffin, Beauty Bar, Don't Tell Momma... I tried Herbs & Rye a couple of weeks ago and loved the place.

Also, Ghostbar is not receiving much love these days but still has an unbelievable view. Check this out:

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2013/8/22/03722/2824/vegas-travel/At+Palms%2C+New+Ghostbar%2C+Same+Amazing+Views

10. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foundation room

If you stay at TheHotel,
    you get Complementary access to Foundation room.

11. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks XmarksX. I will keep those in mind. We went to Voo Doo lounge on my first trip, but have never made it to the Ghostbar. We haven't decided on downtown yet this trip, but if we go we will check those other places out. :wave:

Yearly trip
    Part two
  12. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know you from the next guy. Those are 2 fun places that a guy can wear shorts. Foundation Room is a snotty place, and most nights your not getting in with shorts on. Not being snotty, just truth. Great thing is I do well with 17 years of Vegas experience, but thank you anyways

13. VegasDragon

VegasDragon Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I don't believe that is true.

Yeah Vegas!
    Trip with my sweetie/suitee!!!
  14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They hand the passes out like candy, they are incredibly easy to get. I have yet to pay for entry in the last three years.

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the dress code everywhere in Vegas has become so lax these days, it's almost like anything goes. but there's one thing that you can't get away with and that's shorts. honestly I think that's because nobody wants to look over and see most dudes' hairy legs. just pack some chinos or linen pants.

16. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with captainron. Went to Foundation room on a very busy Superbowl weekend. Grab some 2for1 drink coupons on the way up. Free entry was no problem. It was around 6pm, so maybe that factored in.

17. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's never hard to get in before 8-9pm, unless it is a high-demand night like NYE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.