1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip report Golden Nugget

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by bananaman, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananaman

bananaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

First I booked a vacation from Vegas.com. With this came the flights, rooms, rental car from Advantage, and a helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon.

SOME of these places get a little perturbed that you didn't book directly from them. Take the rental car for instance. Advantage explained to me as to why my price was a little higher than what vegas.com offered was because the taxes and fees were only estimated costs. Actual cost WILL vary.

Then they try to nickel and dime you to death. They wanted me to upgrade to a bigger car because the ones offered was older models and the one he put me in was more reliable. The air blew colder. And it held my luggage better. So because I was taking a trip into Death Valley I definetly wanted a reliable car so I did upgrade for an extra 10 bucks a day for a "more reliable car". (Don't seem as if they could rent you a not reliable car). But I did not take the extra insurance they tried and tried for me to take. I already had trip insurance PLUS my regular car insurance.

I DID the $20 trick and it did work, I got a room in the GOld Tower as opposed to one in the Carson Tower. I'm really not sure how good of an upgrade it was because I have never seen the Carson Tower rooms. But when I got to the room my key card would not work but they sent someone up right away and brought us keys that worked. THEN the toilet wouldn't flush. So they gave us another room down the hall. Well in that room the air conditioner wasnt blowing cold and we had to leave the room but evidently they sent someone up and fixed it I guess because when we got back it was cooling down in the room. But no problems after that. They did act quickly to satisfy us.

Monday rode into Death Valley in California, beautiful scenery, Tuesday did the Richard Petty ride along. That was awesome. Wednesday did the Sundance helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. Pick you up in a limo and bring you to the air port. Again simply awesome. Thursday the ATV tour in The Valley of Fire state park. Awesome and brutal all in one. Glad we waited till the last full day we was there because for the next two days our legs were so sore. But beautiful scenery. Got some great pics.

Friday flying home but had to divert to Lubbock Tx because Dallas airport was shut down because of weather then connecting flight got cancelled. Got a hotel room near the airport. At the Westin, (very nice hotel). Then on home the next morning.

American Airlines? Not so sure I will fly them again. VERY rude flight attendants. And not very helpful at the airport when it came to directing us to hotels or anything. And the good thing is I brought a little bit of Vegas money back.

All and all we really enjoyed our trip. Like the TEE-SHIRT says: What happens in Vegas, stays on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  2. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for reporting!

Seinfield
  3. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    glad you had a good time are you sure you were in Lubbock as I do not believe there is a Westin (or any Starwood property) in Lubbock and there are pretty much no hotels near the airport at all (although nothing seems far in Lubbock for those from DFW)

4. bananaman

bananaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry "someone" as I wasnt real clear. We was diverted to Lubbock but about an hour later took off again for Dallas. We stayed in the Westin in Dallas. Awesome hotel.

5. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

no problem I was just curious.....if there was a Westin property in the Lubbock area people would want to know since Lubbock has very few higher end hotel options and the nicest one is independent (The Overton) and then probably the Embassy Suites on the southwest side of town

and yes the dallas airport hotels are all pretty nice for the most part.....they get a lot of business and have a lot of competition so they need to stay fresh and up to date

thanks for the clarification :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.