1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Hot & Humid Florida

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by darlene, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darlene

darlene Low-Roller

I've been lurking for awhile and probably would still be, but I want to add my countdown timer to my signature. So, I decided to start posting. My local it the Tampa Tight Rock formally known as the Tampa Hard Rock owned by the Seminole Indians.

This looks like a informative, well moderated sight and I look forward to contributing.

2. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcom fellow Floridian :thumbsup:. I stopped gambling at the Hard Rock many moons ago. Sad because I live 15 minutes from there and if they had better blackjack, better pay tables on vp, and better comps, I'd probably be there 2 - 3 times a week. However, they're the only game in town and can put the svcrews to their players as they see fit. As I tell all my Sunshine State bretheren, you're better off saving your money and just going to Vegas - or if you insist on going there just take your bankroll and flush it down the toilet... You'll love it here, and once you get it, your countdown clock can and will turn into an addiction. Are you in Tampa?

3. darlene

darlene Low-Roller

Hi Gino,

I'm in Plant City and will be heading over to THR in a few minutes to use some FP, trying to pad my BR for my Halloween trip to Vegas.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Hope you have a great trip.

5. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Hi Darlene and welcome to the board. Just 10 posts to get your countdown timer. And you are correct, this is an informative, friendly place to get and give Vegas advice. :thumbsup:

6. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in South Florida and agree that the Seminole Hard Rocks really screw the palyers with bad rules and no free drinks. The only game that is better at the Seminole Hard Rocks than in Vegas are 3-Card Poker and Let-It-Ride because of the 50-1 payout on straight flush vs 40-1 in Vegas. Also the Seminole Hard Rocks pay 100-1 on the mini-royals.

Anyway, Welcome to the board.

My Longest Trip Ever
  7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried the Hard Rock in Tampa a week or so again and felt like I was just throwing money away. Definitely save your $$$$ for Vegas.

To the OP, welcome and if anyone says not to go to Vegas in July/Aug due to the heat, you will actually prefer it over the Florida heat.

8. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome from across the Bay! As others have said, save your money for Vegas!

Its funny that the last few weeks they have been marketing all of the progressive winners on their facebook page.

9. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I moved down to florida over a year ago and haven't set foot inside the Hard Rock!!!
    odd as its only a 20 minute drive from me!!

yeah - saving it for vegas (or a cruise) is where its at...

10. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.