1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Should have listened

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bswim, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off, I'm not a big gambler, we go to Vegas for the weather, the food and drinking, oh and the pools and the scenery it offers, oh wait, that's just me enjoying the scenery... ;)
    I'd heard on here many times that CET properties give better comps, I intended to spend more money there last week but never got around to it. Wish I had now.......After staying at MC and MB, feeding a $100 bill and seeing it just drain right down. Might have seen 3 $10 wins while it was sucking the $100 down. Wife and I each did this several times. Should have quite playing at MLife properties then.
    While passing through the Flamingo I fed a $20 to a favorite 2 credit quarter machine. Was up to $80 in no time. Had to boogie up to Gilley's for lunch with the wife and teenage daughter. On the way back I told em I had to redeem my ticket and I'd catch up. Oh hey, there's a dollar machine I like. Run it down to $60 and cash my ticket out.
    Later that night we eat at the Bacchanal buffet, total of $150. I give em my card to get what few points I can.
    We get home and I check my account and for the next year it's showing comps midweek and Fri and Sat nights at about half price at The Quad, Rio, Harrah's, Flamingo, and some nights here and there at Caesar's.
    Not sure what the total comp is but I was one button click away from 5 comped nights at the Flamingo in December.
    Granted, I'm sure there expecting a certain level of play to keep getting these offers LOL.
    After 4 trips of staying at MLife properties, gambling only there and eating primarily there I can usually find better deals online than what they're offering me.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, low level slot players will get lots of free rooms at CET. Minimal at mlife for that level of play.

3. VegasBaby!

VegasBaby! Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After years of being faithful to the MLife properties, I am going to begin giving the CET properties my time and moolah. MLife hasn't done squat for me.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rather just pay to stay at an MLife hotel than stay in the squalor of a CET hotel for free...

5. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Then I guess this thread doesn't apply to you. :beer:

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is some validity in this statement. A few hours extra play at CET could get you a room, but cost more than paying for a room at Mlife. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both MLife hotels you mentioned are nicer than Harrahs, Quad, Rio or Flamingo.
    So if your goal is just to score a free room anywhere, you got it right.
    I have stayed in all those except Quad(IP) and they are several levels below MB and a level below MC.
    CET is not putting a cent into those properties except Quad which is part of the Linq and only because they have to.
    Caesars and PH are their only decent properties and they just spun PH and the World Series of Poker off into another company.
    For me,I prefer to spend my vacation in nice surroundings.

8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More than that. I would argue MB is better than every CET hotel, except for the nicest towers at CP

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  9. gkbiiii

gkbiiii MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While it may be older, I would argue that the Mirage is better than any CET Las Vegas property and that the Luxor Towers are better than all CET properties but two!!

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I don't get some of these responses. Its not like its news that most MGM properties are nicer than most CET properties (though MGM has low-end properties that people seem to forget about, and Caesars is nicer than all but a couple of MGM properties). The companies know this as well, its why you can run $100 through a slot at a CET property and get free room offers. Saying those properties are not as nice as MB or something is a moot point unless you think you can score comped rooms at MB for running a $100 through a machine. In which case, you're smoking crack. You wouldn't even get that at their crappier hotels like NYNY, Luxor, or Excalibur.

11. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly!

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the point is who cares if you get a comp room when it's at a place that is basically a dive.
    Flamingo is a sewer and Quad is a roach motel.
    Even the marketing execs at CET admit their properties are not maintained properly.
    I guess there is just a difference in the way people view their vacation.

Some will take a free room because it's free and it doesn't matter where .
    Others will pay something to stay in a nicer place.
    If I go to Las Vegas 2 or 3 times a year,I do not want to stay at the Quad if they paid me!

13. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Caesars this upcoming trip. I've been happy with standard PHo, Paris and Bally's rooms in the past.

There was not much difference in room quality between MC, NYNY, Luxor vs. Harrah's, Flamingo and Excalibur (the newer rooms). The older Excalibur rooms and Quad rooms are very bad.

MILFe has more upper end rooms (Aria, Bellagio, MGM vs. Caesars) but if you qualify for comps in these rooms, you would likely qualify for similar/better quality rooms at Wynn/Cosmo/ V/P or nice suites elsewhere.

14. Llew

Llew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, Luxor (towers), NYNY, and Monte Carlo are the sweet spot in terms of play required for a free room and quality of hotel.

If you just want any old free room, then CET is probably better, at least on the Strip. Better low-end joints elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.