1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas gifting a reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by mted58, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mted58

mted58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wondered if anyone else did this, I wanted to buy tickets with my points for a show then give them to a friend since I already have my tickets bought. Does anyone know if this is possible to do before I make the purchase?

2. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you cannot gift rewards to friends. If the reward comes for two people (like 2 Premium Tickets) then one will be for you and the other can be for anyone but a whole reward cannot be given to someone else.

3. mted58

mted58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    gifting rewards

Thanks for the answer. I kinda thought that but just wanted to make sure. Oh well, guess I'll try something else.

4. TequilaCat

TequilaCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you also going to the show? And are you not using a MyVegas reward for YOUR ticket to the show? If both of those statements are true, then you could use one of your redemptions for a ticket to that show and pick it up and then "switch seats" with your friend, so s/he sits in the reward seat and you sit in the paid seat. Technically you are giving your friend your paid seat, then switching seats. Kinda unethical I guess, but not illegal.

It will use one of your 3/30 rewards however. If it were me, I'd have the friend start playing and try to get the LPs to get the seat, time permitting, or I would look for a deal like Summer of Cirque and just buy the ticket at a discount.

5. mted58

mted58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. I already have my shows booked and she's coming with her sister, was just an add on after we had already made all our arrangements so I just thought I'd help them out since I don't need the tickets and was just going to give them to her and her sister. I assumed once I picked up the tickets they were mine to do with as I wished but apparently that's not the case with the reward tickets.

6. mted58

mted58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I didn't exactly answer your question. No I won't be going to the show with her, the 2 tickets would be for her and her sister. I don't think she has enough time to try to build up the points to get them herself,that's why I was trying. They'll probably just end up buying the tickets which is not really a big deal, just thought if I could get them I'd save them some money.

7. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you have the tickets in your hand you can do anything you want with them. I have given away pairs of tickets 3 times so far.

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can not gift/transfer a reward to another person in regards to the game's redemption process... BUT, once you pick up the tickets/check into the hotel/sit down at the table, you can do with it as you wish.

npom put it best though:

9. mted58

mted58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's better. I guess I didn't explain exactly what I wanted to do at first. So once I pick up the tickets they're mine to do with what I want. Thanks everyone for the info

10. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly this, I know a few people that have gotten the O and Zarkana tickets, picked them up at the box office and then turned around and sold them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.