1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Sharing Accounts? Possible? Feedback Appreciated!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Vegas back in June. I booked 1 show, and 2 hotel nights using my account. I had to use my MLife number when booking, and the whole experience was great, completely flawless. My account has all the hotels, and I am up to level 89. My buddy is going to Vegas in late September; instead of rebuilding all the hotels and having to work towards level 80, he asked if he can work from my account, which I am happy to let him use.

My question:

1) If he ONLY books buffets and items they don't need his MLife card for, can redeem the code/reward using his real First name, Last name & email address?

The FB account I use is obviously fake, but I gave my real name and email when redeeming. I was thinking he could do the same.

I don't want him to play if he's spinning his wheels (literally) for no benefit. Does anyone see an issue with this?

July 19th - July 24th
  2. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When redeeming food comps (we did the MC $50 credit and the ExCal/Luxor all day buffets) we were required to show ID and Mlife card. Unless you are going to be there with your buddy, he will be unable to use your account as it is now tied to you and your M-life card.

3. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be Careful here. You've stepped into some areas that could get you flamed quickly. This board is very friendly towards MyVegas and its TOC's and any suggestion of going against them will bring out the flame throwers and much of what you have suggested will have people shouting that its not only against MyVegas TOC's but also against Facebook TOC's (to have someone else accessing your account).

But from a practical standpoint:

It wouldn't do anyone else any good to play on your account. Although it would be against the rules I can't confirm 100% that you couldn't get away with it for Non MGM awards but I doubt there either. I'm pretty sure that once you buy a reward for the first time whatever name you use will be the name that is listed on future reward purchase. And for MGM/MLife awards your MLife account number is now attached to your Facebook page so nobody but you can redeem MLife rewards from your Facebook/MyVegas account. This also prevents you from having a second account to redeem rewards from since only one Facebook/MyVegas account can be used per MLife account.

So in short, your account, levels, chips, and LP's will not do anybody any good except yourself unless you were to be with that person, redeem whatever reward it was, and then hand them the ticket/key/etc.

4. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't understand how people are OK that they change terms after people had purchased coins or whatever they purchase to upgrade their prizes. I'm not on the game / do not have facebook so I'm not familiar with any of it beyond what has been posted here.

I liked the Harrah's game because everything was free - worst case scenario was you didn't win a prize.

5. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mom and I did this by accident. She was having trouble accessing her email, and since we were traveling together she redeemed rewards from her account using my name and email. When I tried to redeem rewards from my account, MyVegas said I was attached to another account (hers). It was a huge pain in the behind but MyVegas got us both straightened out. I wouldn't recommend it.

6. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I will try it, I don't see how they can see that it's my account. Or, I will play dumb.

July 19th - July 24th
  7. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just kidding, they somehow know it's my account, and won't be able to redeem, even if I am there with them. I wish they would come out with the two buffets again, and just not for Aria. Oh well...

July 19th - July 24th
  8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a whole different discussion. I'm not personally a fan of some of the changes they've made and have my criticisms for sure but one thing from your statements is worth noting: The game IS completely free. Buying chips is completely optional and unnecessary. I think its dangerous to buy (with real money) any online or game currency with the expectation of anything other than entertainment value.

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't read all of this thread, but...

Your mLife account was linked to your Facebook account when you redeemed for the rewards the first time. When you redeem for more rewards, those too will be linked to your account and you will be required to be there to pick those up at the mLife desk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.