1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Comp question - can I get free play without checking in?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jenblase, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

I'm primarily a CET player but have stayed at Mirage a couple times due to various family reunions where all of my relatives have wanted to stay there. Due to my play there, I get some low level M Life comps.

My mom and I are going at the end of September and we already have our stay comped at Caesar's. However, I saw that I have an offer in my MLife online account for 2 free nights at either Excal or Luxor, along with $75 in free play. I'd like to take advantage of the free play without having to check into the hotel; is that possible? Is the comp play already loaded up on my card or do I have to take advantage of the hotel comp in order to get that part of the deal.

I also noticed I have about $32 in express comps and $15 in free play. Does this expire? As you can tell I'm not too familiar with the way MLife works so any help would be appreciated!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, you can't get the $75 in FP without booking a stay and checking in.

your current ECs and FP expire 12 months after your last visit.

3. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Thanks, so if I have an offer I guess I could go to the invited guests line and skip the "regular" line. I might just book a room and not use it, so I can get the $75 in free play.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes same thing with show tickets ,ive pleaded with cet that i dont need the room only wanted the tickets and they wouldnt do it.its a package deal so they said take room dont use it and get the tickets:grrr:

psssd just read your whole coment and im sure other can help but if you have to stay at lux or excal for the free money for 2 nites you will have to pay resort fees there. so i say its not worth it.
    to go all the way down there to get around 30$ after resort fees doesnt make sense

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you could use the MLife check in at the hotel.

To take advantage of free play, show tickets, food credits thats why some people double book.

In this case the freeplay isn't much so you have to decide if its worth it to you to go get it, bearing in mind a few things like:

- Excalibur has a daily resort fee of $15 and Luxor has a daily resort fee of $18 - you will likely have to pay this when you check in.
    - Its a bit of a walk from Caesars Palace to Excalibur or Luxor... if you don't walk the distance then you need to consider the cost of your transportation there to get the free play.
    - Another thing to consider is the time spent to go there and check in.

Overall these things can add up and quickly eat up your free play. If you do Excalibur for two nights and spend $25 in cab fare there and back thats $55 of your free play's value eaten up - if that was the case you would be effectively going down there and through the whole check in process for a gain of $20 in free play...

6. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Thanks, we will have a car so driving around isn't too much of a big deal (we're staying at Caesars but plan to hit lots of off-strip propreties).

I didn't think about the resort fee though. Wonder if I could only reserve one night and still get the free play?

I also have about $35 in express comps and $15 in pointsplay that I want to use up.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it will say but i belive theres a 2 nite minuim.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't have to be staying at one of their properties to use up the POINTPlay or Express Comps.

For how many nights: that one will really depend on the offer itself. I have had offers from MGM properties where staying only one night was good enough to get all the perks of the offer, but others where I had to actually book a certain number of nights to get the freeplay and free food

9. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Something I just thought of... if you have status with MLife do you get the resort fees waived? Currently I am Pearl but will be Gold soon once I get my Hyatt Platinum status matched (they are entering a reciprocal relationship with MLife).

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no

certian property on comp rooms do but i belive the lower end dont you will deed a host to remove your comp.

i belive Luxor ,excalibur and ny ny do charge a resort fee on comps,Monte Carlo sometimes and the rest dont but ymmv.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $75, I would not bother. Why?

Possible resort fees.

My theo will drop terribly - unless you are planning to play PLENTY when you pick up the $75. Future offers will go way down.

I would probably blow through the $75 anyways

Just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.