1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking VMB

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Jimbo338, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be pretty easy. I'd check in and read all the new posts when I joined. Well, I was #130 and that was 2000, I believe.. Things are sure different now. I do check in daily for the most part and I often check in 2 or 3 times.....makes it easier to make it through the new posts. I have to skim now looking for the info that relates to my interests rather than EVERY post. I also tend to check more and read more posts when dates for my trip get closer.
    I imagine that others do pretty much the same.

There sure is a wealth here for the searching, and the archives are good to read over from time to time. I'm waiting now for Southwest to extend its reservations into march 2014. I like to purchase my flight first, then look for lodging and shows etc. Southwest usually plays with the prices at least once from first listing til the actual date. So the fun will begin in about a month. Living on the east coast my largest expense is my flight usually, so, I am flexible. I attend a trade show for about 4 days and like to go for 8 ot 9. I can go a bit early, stay a bit longer or a little of both. Always hope to trade my flight in for a later flight and get a credit but it hasn't happened yet!

Jimbo338

2. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Yep, I do know what you are saying. I use to read almost every post but now there are so many I have to pick and choose since I have switched internet service and no longer have unlimited time. Glad you are still around Jimbo :thumbsup: I really miss some of the old members who haven't been around in awhile.

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I'm proud to be one of the first 1,000 members also. # 890 with a join date of around 2001.
    Sure, it was a different board back then, more small-townish.
    It was good then and is good now.

4. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the Tapatalk app on iPhone. It makes it pretty easy to see new posts. I usually read new posts at least once per day. Although I have to admit sometimes if I miss a day or five it gets overwhelming and I declare "post bankruptcy" and mark them all read and start fresh.

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the exact same way. I still log on about once a day and just read posts that catch my attention. As I get closer to my trip I read just about every post.

6. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you guys know what member number you are?

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if you click on your profile it lists the day you signed up as a member and has a number.

Jimbo338

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I miss some of the early members here as well but when you think about it if any of us pass away, it is unusual to find out. I joined and still read from work. I am now single again and live alone so if I died, there would just be no more Jimbo338 posts.

I am 66 now, and seem to be in good health, but when you read the paper everyday and people younger passing away, it makes you wonder. Of course, it also makes you want to get on a plane soon, for another trip to LV.......just in case!!! lol

Jimbo338

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guardian, you can also hover over your username in your posts and in the bar at the bottom of your browser, you'll see the url...

Yours is:...vegasmessageboard.com/forums/member.php?u=11627

That 11627 is your member number.

Jimbo! Don't even talk about no more Jimbo posts, I couldn't take it. ;) But I still think you should get on a plane ASAP and get back to Vegas!

10. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Sonya, if you are #4 who is #1?

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just skim the new threads. if I am busy for a couple of days and don't login there's way too many posts to ever get through. then I skim them really fast and clear them out. occasionally someone will revive an old thread and I realized I never saw it when it was new. happens all the time. just can't keep up with them all.

12. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

hahaha I agree! :thumbsup:

13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :haha: Yeah, that's me too. Or 'admin'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.