1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Kaveman' Semi-Live TR 13-17 July. El Cortez, Downtown, Craps, and Downtown.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Kaveman, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

At MSP airport. Checked in and no bar until I go thru security. Confirmed my El Cortez Tower room. I will try to get a 3rd floor Vintage room at check in. My wife gave me a roll of nickels for Father's Day and I left them at home in El Paso. So the bankroll got cut in half. Looks like I'm gonna have to walk to downtown.

2. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have arrived. I tried to get a 3rd floor Vintage room. No dice. Flight from MSP to Kansas City to LAS no problem except a catfight between 2 men. Both acted/looked like bottoms. The El Cortez tower room is good. Enjoying my 1st of the day Black Chip and eyeballing the craps tables. :beer:

3. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first $300 gone. Busy table and point then 7. Gotta be a better way?

4. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7am Sunday morning in Vegas and why the hell am I awake? Oh, I didn't close the drapes. Dumb ass. Yesterday was my 1st Saturday here in a long time. It was fun. I played a few hours at MSS and won some of my first 15 minute $300 craps lesson back. My plan today was play the 10am NLHE at Binions. Might need a nap before that.

5. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, keep 'em coming.

How's the FSE vibe?

Annoying panhandlers?

Slotzilla Construction?

Creepy characters?

Try some craps at the Cal for your "Fun Hawaiian" report.

6. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta love the dice updates. Keep em coming.

I'm partial to the MSS for dice and microbrews.

7. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pocket Qs were cracked 3 times today at the 10am Binions tourney. Wating on a Jackie Burger and than hitting the craps table here at the El Cortez.

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bless you.

9. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad there wasn't a 3rd floor vintage for you, but you don't miss much being in the tower.

10. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Jackie burger hit the spot. Amazing how fast I can go thru $300 on a $3 craps table. Made me take a nap. Time to stroll over to MSS for a Black Chip. :beer:

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When this happens to me I'll try waiting a couple of rolls before making place bets. I know how it feels to have a $300 buy-in go "poof" in a matter of minutes...

12. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could never do that. I always think that a monster could happen and I've got my TUMA. Of course, you see it unfolding then dive in and boom you hit the bottom of the 2 foot pool.

13. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have angered the dice gods. Another $300 gone. Point, 7. I don't play crazy. Pass line/odds place 6&8 maybe a two way hard way for a $1 each. What can I do different? Good side is the Black Chip is cold.

14. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Tower rooms. I have lived in apartments smaller and not nearly as clean as the Tower room I have now. Next trip I will try for again for a 3rd floor Vintage.

15. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you offer up a sacrifice before your trip? Dice gods are very fickle. I actually gave up dice for a few trips this year because I've been running so bad.

I've been a long time place bettor. You might try PL/odds and 2 come bets. If you limit odds to 1x on each point you are using about the same action as PL/odds/section8. It gives you some point 7 protection since you only have 1 point and a come bet. Of course you could load up the 3 points then 7 right after too. Nothing is perfect.

I used to be a heavy pressor as well. I've since given up and only press after a number has hit 3 times. If you are pressing on the first hit and the dice are bad, you will go broke fast.

16. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No 6am today. On my way to Las Vegas National for a round. Played MSS, Golden Gate, and 4Qs. Won a few bucks. Tables were fun.

17. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas National Golf Course was a blast. It's a beautiful place. Time for a Jackie Burger and then beers and craps.

18. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude. You are living the dream!

Golf. Burger. Beers. Craps. WOW man!

19. Kaveman

Kaveman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does not suck to be me. I do think I worked way too hard to make $50 over 3 hours.

20. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Third floor vintage rooms are actually suites, aren't they. My first stay at EC I got a hell of a deal from Booking.com for a tower room and the the clerk at the registration desk asked me if I'd like to see a Vintage Suite..for the same price. It was quite large not that I need a ton of space alone. She asked if I would like it instead of the tower room for the same price. I answered that I had never seen a tower room. She sent me up to see a tower room which I liked better. I later stayed in a Vintage room on the second floor and it was fine for 1 person. I had no issues with lack of an elevator, smoke or noise. It was very clean and well maintained.

This year was my third stay in the tower and I was on the 7th floor. It seemed not as fresh as the lower floors. Maybe it was my imagination but I enjoyed it there....always have.

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.