1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pawn Stars tour

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by littlelulu, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlelulu

littlelulu Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone here gone on this tour and does anyone know if there is a site that I can view that would give me a promo code..this is 79.00 per person and I want it for 2 people 160.00US is a lot of money for 4 hours. Just wondering. we are looking to book for Oct 2 2013 as my husband turns 60 this day and Pawn Stars is here ultimate favorite
    Thanks for any info you can give me

2. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tour????

Ive been 4 or 5 times. Take a $10 taxi ride from the strip and you stand in a few minute line, walk through the store and then you are done. I doubt any type of tour is going to take you to like a meet and greet with the owners or anything, so just check it out on your own.

3. djen

djen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Pawn Stars Tour which includes the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, The Toy Shack, Rick's Restoration and Counts Customs Upon looking it up, it appears Counts Customs has been replaced with ATM from the show Tanked about aquariums.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    much easier to get a duece bus ticket and walk and do it your self.
    ps the pawn store is junk ,just a bunch of tshirts and mugs and overpriced stuff from the show.
    you will not mee them they no longer come out to the front .

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read that the discount is about half price. I'm hoping to score this for my husband when we're in Vegas next month. If not, we'll at least take the Deuce and check out the Pawn shop as that's the one he's most interested in.

7. dezejade

dezejade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friend of mine took the tour in May...........she said it as absolutely horrible. She said hey paid a VIP price to skip the lines, but when n driver dropped them off they ask about it and were told to go to the back of the line. Most of the tour was spent waiting in line. Once they returned to the our the driver told them they had no control over line passes.

8. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could rent a very nice car (with GPS) for that amount, or less, and hit every one of them in less than three hours. Pick it up from your hotel and drop it at the end of the day.

I have done Gold n Silver several times with friends and the only person I have ever recognized is the gigantor doorman. I am a fan of the show and enjoy going through the shop to see some of the stuff from episodes.

I hit Rick's and Count's last summer and saw Rick taking a photo with his wife as well as his son getting into the black pickup. Not a big follower of Count's but my friend is and he saw several of the show regulars. Both Rick's and Count's were worth the trip, I would not think of doing a tour. Advantage of a rental is you could do it at your own pace and see other places.

9. littlelulu

littlelulu Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your opinions but I don't really think my husband will want to drive in a strange city..I just thought it would be nice for him and to put some time in..

10. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did Ricks last summer and have pics with Rick, the wife, the son, the dumbass kid and his dog, and some of the workers. Everyone was there, working, happy to talk and available to everyone!

I bet its changed some in a year now.. I need to go see Count though.

11. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am from a strange country (if you think the UK is strange) and I have no problem driving in Vegas or anywhere else in the world.

Like the others I say DIY is the way to go

12. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the tour sounds overpriced for what you get, but if you don't want to drive (and there are MANY who don't) then you're paying for that convenience. Different people have different priorities:peace:

(I typically do more of the driving in Vegas than my husband, if we rent a car, because I have more city driving experience than he does. It's certainly easy to find your way around, but it can be busy, and if you're not used to that volume of traffic, it can be stressful. The first time I drove my husband into Washington DC, he put the passenger seat all the way down because he couldn't handle watching the way I was merging:evillaugh:)

13. asti

asti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont let a strange city put you off driving. If I can do it anyone can. (i am used to to driving on the left in a small manual car not on the right in a big automatic) If you are worried maybe avoid the strip when its busy (ok thats most of the time) the back roads and the freeway is just like anywhere else and you really do get to see places you otherwise would not. You only need to recognise a few road names and you wont get lost (well not for long lol)

14. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I gather that is way over priced.
    I understand you don't want to drive but urge you to at least get in writing what this includes.
    • Instant access (no lines)
    • How many places do you visit
    • Who do you actually meet and get a picture with
    There have been numerous people who went to the Pawn shop and never see anyone from the show.
    I have a feeling someone is seeing easy money and designed this tourist trap which has no association with Pawn Stars or any other shop.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i been to the pawn shop numerous times even sold them crap, there basicaly not really a pwan shop unless its jewlery anymore,everything else is stage for tv.
    in fact they now have a seperate entace just to pawn stuff so the main store call sell over priced crap

you will not see any of the stars there in a back room if even there ,if there needed the salesmen bring the merchindise back to them for there opinion or aproval.its basicaly a t shirt cooffee mug place.

dont pay and i suggest dont waste your time going.

your in vegas much better things to do.

im sure seeing counts kustoms at least you can see the car collections so thats cool if your into cars i would also suggest going to shelby motors.

16. kydesperado

kydesperado Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to the Gold and Silver about 4 times. Twice we were there they were filming. So we saw Rick and the Old Man. One other time the Old Man was there and was signing autographs and I got my pic with him. You have to go during the week and late morning or early afternoon and usually they are there.

17. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This does seem like quite the tourist trap unless they have a way to bypass the line at the pawn shop (even with that, it's STILL very overpriced).

Since you're planning this for a milestone birthday, I would avoid doing this on that day. There's at least a 95% chance that it'll be a let-down. Plan something else that you know will be a success and then take a taxi to Gold and Silver Pawn the next day.

For $80/each, you could almost book a rafting trip to the Hoover Dam. You could go to a nice dinner. You could catch a Vegas show. You could plan a day in a spa with a small couples treatment. You could spend $160 on a nice new leather wallet. I'd think buying in $80 each for some blackjack would end up being more fun than the tour.

Will you be in town on Sept 30th? I'm free that afternoon. I would rather pick you up and drive you to Gold and Silver than think that you might spend all that money and be disappointed.

[edit]
    Just saw you mentioned that the tour takes you to four different places to do with the show. If they have scheduled tours at each location, I'd say that'd be worth it. But if they're just ferrying you from the strip to each location, well, a rental car can do the same. Or I can be your driver for the afternoon.
    [/edit]

18. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take the duece bus ,8 dollars good for 24 hours you can see anything u want,by the way theres usually not a wait to get into the store

19. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, I took the bus downtown...108 I believe as I was already off-strip, but I'm sure the SDX gets you close to Pawn Stars. We missed our stop and continued on to the next stop. Btw, you know if it's the Fremont stop as pretty much everyone gets off the bus. But the next stop had us about 4 blocks away from Fremont and along the way was Pawn Stars. Not a fan of the show but a nice unexpected detour. No lineups at 9pm on a Wed night and we took our time to browse. No stars spotted but worth the extra bus stop.

20. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not taken the tour. I have yet to see a very positive review of the tour you are suggesting though. It really is $80(less with discounts) to simply take you from place to place. They have no special access according to every review I've seen.

If you still wanted to see the pawn show, take the bus or just a taxi. On a rental car, you either want to do it or not. I know a few family that even if it is the safest place to drive ever, they refuse to drive a car in a city they don't know.

I won't say don't go because it is just going to be hard to convince you. All my friends that go end up saying something like "Well at least I can say I was there". If you want to buy a tshirt or some other thing they create, then at least you have that. This one really didn't live up to my expectations, but at least it was basically free.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.