1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Old Homestead?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by reg1986, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reg1986

reg1986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Old Homstead in NYC...does anyone have any opinions on the one in LV? Reviews seem average.

2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was great and in line with other top notch steak houses. only complaints are that it was crowded and a little loud.

3. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, on the other hand, was not a fan.
    We took a table full of clients here (table of 12) for dinner last February.
    The level of table service was poor for the price point. Especially considering we had 6 bottles of premium wine ordered. No doubt since you are familiar with the original location, you will not have sticker shock.
    I was not impressed with the cut of meat I was presented.

I've eaten at Prime, STK, Craft and numerous other Vegas top tier restaurants (steak and otherwise) and Old Homestead is a distant last place for me.

One positive. They have Chimay on tap.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious about this one too. I've seen it from the Caesars walkway, looked at the menu, and I definitely do not get the old school vibes.

5. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't go in but I checked out the menu posted at the front, and it sounded loud as a rock concert from where I was standing. Not the best atmosphere IMO.

6. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a very good experience because we had a very decent comp. The food was very good, the service excellent, and all said we won't return. There are too many other places with much better ambiance with an equal quality of food and service.

Experiencing it once was very pleasant, becauase it was (Vegas) free.

7. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is chimay ?

8. papillon

papillon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at the Old Homestead last year. My boyfriend was hankering for a steak dinner and we were staying at Caesar's anyway. He saw the ad on the in-house TV station and made reservations.
    The steak was delicious. Juicy, cooked perfectly and seasoned perfectly.
    However, ambiance is definitely lacking. It was REALLY loud. Very hard to hear each other speak.
    Service seemed very hurried. We were first seated right by the kitchen where the servers were going in and out with huge trays. We asked to be seated elsewhere and got our request but it wasn't too far from the original seating. Then, a bus boy tripped and his tray went flying. Broken plates everywhere and pieces of it landed on our table, bread basket and on my lap! They all apologized but no comping anything. Not even a drink on the house. Even though the food was great, we definitely would not go back there again. Like somebody said, there are too many GREAT steakhouses in Vegas so if you are not getting stellar service on top of great food, it's not worth spending your hard-earned money.

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chimay is a good beer that usually comes in a bottle.

I have been to old homestead at the borgata in ac and never had a bad meal there. The one in vegas took over neros. Ive gone to neros many times and always had a great meal(hostess and waiters knew me by name). Never tried old homestead there but would assume its on the same level as nyc and ac.

Just had a great meal at prime at bellagio in june. Its a great dining experience there ( first time eatting japanese wagyu). Boa steakhouse in the forum shops at caesars is also good but try to get a table outside on their patio overlooking the strip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.