1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In N Out Burger

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by EricLee1, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricLee1

EricLee1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had an In N Out Burger before and keep hearing good things about them. Am I really missing out and what is so good that sets them apart from other fast food burger chains?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Simplicity and freshness... their menu is very simple, no chicken nuggets, rib sandwiches or grilled cheese. You can watch the fries being cut from potatoes right before they enter the fryer and their employees are definitely several notches above fast-food employees. They're paid better and provide a very high-quality service environment... even in the drive-thru! It's just a good all-arond burger experience!

3. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been meaning to go every time I've been there and never have. This time I'm going to make it a misson!

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    actually you can order a grilled cheese. that's what my wife always used to get when she didn't eat meat. it comes as a cheeseburger without the meat.

my favorite is a 3x3 or 4x4 animal style depending on how hungry I am. also the animal fries are not to be missed. I order my fries well done because I like them extra crispy.

BTW, none of that stuff is on the menu.

5. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double Double Animal Style.. mmmmm... :licklips::drooling:

I got animal style fries last time and I didn't love them. Maybe I should have gotten the fries well done. (takes notes for next time)

I am not sure In N Out is worth a huge amount of trouble to get there, but if you are in the area, it's worth trying it once. Lots of people will tell you that they aren't that great, but everyone has different tastes.

The one on Tropicana isn't too far from The Strip and it's certainly worth a trip if you have a car. I wouldn't walk it or take a taxi. However, I do know someone who might have taken a limo from the airport and made the driver hit the In N Out Drive-Thru. :haha:

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we had a limo stop at In N Out one time, but we just had him park and we went inside. we did get some weird looks though. I have been tempted to have a Rolls go through the drive-thru, but haven't yet. maybe next trip.

9. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just don't go in with heavenly expectations. At the end of the day, it's still a greasy fast food burger. If you go in expecting something higher class, you will be disappointed. It's good for a fast food joint, but it's still fast food.

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My FAVORITE fast food chain. wish they were here in CT.

11. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a good fast food burger but there are plenty of better options for a good burger on the strip. Holsteins at Cosmo or Stripburger across the street from Wynn to name a few.

It is however one of the best fast food burger joints in the country. Shack Shack in New York is the only one that i had that are better. Five Guys is also up there with In and Out.

12. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. Never been to one in Vegas, but eaten there several times in CA. It's tasty for sure, but I don't quite understand this undying devotion to it that many seem to possess.

13. kubbball21

kubbball21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What amazes me about this place is that it's always busy and lines are a mile long. Their service is so quick and easy your out in ten minutes. Nothing beats the double-double!

14. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be EPIC!!! Make sure you take a pic of the Rolls in the drive thru!!

15. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would usually get two 3x3's and fries before I started training for Tough Mudder and trying to lose some weight...now I just get one 3x3 on the rare occasion we do go. We usually stop there on the way out when we are driving home...

Their fries are the best fries I have ever had at a fast food place...they are the perfect size and have the perfect crisp, enough rigidity to scoop ketchup...AMAZING!!

16. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double-Double, Animal Style, with a Neopolitan shake and well-done animal fries. Beats the snot out of Five Guys any day.

But yeah, it's a fast food burger. Come to think of it....it's a fast-food burger that is only a few miles from home. I know what's for lunch!

17. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The In n Out Burger at LAX is world famous for not only the burger, fries, and shakes, but the mass of humanity that encompasses the place. People camp out to eat and watch the planes land which is about 20 yards away. It's a tourist attraction with people taking pics/videos of In n Out/LAX. Celebrities go to In n Out upon landing at LAX or departing LAX.
    When in Vegas (again in a few weeks) i always take a trip to the one on Tropicana Blvd.

18. chud059

chud059 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to AZ/Vegas 3 times in the last year ... we always hit In and Out in our travels.. I to wish they had one here in Ct!!

19. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All these years, I have been reading about In and Out and Fatburger. I guess they are western chains and def not in CT or NH where I now live. The first time I went to Fatburger on the strip it looked good but burger, fries and a coke was about the price of a steak dinner special all over LV so I left. I continued hearing all the hoopla here so decided the following year to fess up and pay the price. The Meal was good, not great, but what burgers were like back in the days wnen burger places bought their own meat, made and cooked their own patties (pre McDonalds). I guess that was so long ago for most of you youngsters there that you didn't know what burgers were like in the old days!

I haven't made it to In and Out yet but since the one on Tropicana is fairly easy to walk to, I'm going to try that one as well.

Jimbo338

20. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That one next to LAX is crazy. There are some people, who when they have to connect at LAX, try to build a connection long enough so they can run to In N Out between flights.

fries = well done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.