1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Going to club with Mom

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by khead717, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khead717

khead717 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we have 5 guys and 3 girls planning to go to a club on Saturday, my gf's mom decides she wants to go as well, she's in her 50's and she'll probably wear a sweater and jeans (lol). My question is does she count as a "girl". Will bouncers discriminate? will we have trouble getting in clubs?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you show up with 5 guys, 2 girls and a mom in a sweater and jeans you're going to be standing in the back of the line all night long.

there's no problem with someone in her 50s going, but sweater and jeans? that's not going to fly even if she were 21. I would have your GF tell her that it's cool if she wants to come along, but they have dress codes and she has to at least wear a dress and heels.

3. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    clubs and mom

It really depends on the club, but most clubs you will wait and wonder why. Tell her its easy to throw on black pants, some heels and a top.

4. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    need to see a pic of "mom" before being able to give a proper answer :wave:

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turning 51 this summer so I can speak with some authority. Why not simply go to one of the non bottle service clubs that she would enjoy for the beginning of the evening? IE, [STRIKE]Cougar[/STRIKE] Carnival Court at Harrah's or Cleopatras Barge at Caesars (tons of prior threads provide additional suggestions). Everyone in the group will have at least an okay time and you can enjoy early cheap beer. When mom gets a bit tired or finds a friend you can move to another venue without her.

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to go to one of the major clubs buy the pre sales tickets. Dress attire will prevent her from getting in if she truly goes jeans and a sweater. Plus pre sales get you in before the general admission lines.

7. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually the presale tix are pretty useless, guestlist is way faster. I have seen people spend money on presale and stand in line for hour. Light as over 10 lines, and basically one line for guys.

The major clubs wont let her in with jeans and sweater, unless she looks good...
    You can get in to Rain, Voodoo some of the none major locations.

8. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now hold on...

Jeans for a gal CAN be OK IF done right--dressy jeans with a cami & heels will not keep her from the club. (I know you all have visions of "Mom" jeans & an ugly sweater)

Unlikely Mom will be wearing a sweater with temps in the 100s...though I usually need on in the poker room in the summer.

BUT your party is heavy on guys--THAT is what will keep you waiting. Spring for bottle service, split between all of you will likely be no more than entry/1 drink at most clubs. Then you KNOW you will be let in, you will have a table & a waitress.

9. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody thought to say to the woman "Geez ma.......NO". I mean if she didn't think of that herself.

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just out of curiosity, where have you seen this? Because everything I've seen indicates the exact opposite, and presales are my usual advice to people who aren't doing bottle service; I can't speak to Light specifically because I haven't been out yet, but I've had friends recently (like, within the last 6-8 weeks) visit XS, Marquee, and Hakkasan, and they told me they walked right in with presale tickets, including on Hakkasan's opening weekend when the place was a madhouse.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always do presale if the group I'm with decides not to do a table and never had a problem with a long wait. Longest maybe 10 minutes.

12. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on if she looks cute enough. If she looks hot, no problem. If she looks like the typical mom, enjoy waiting in line....

13. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    presale

Well, guess they had better luck than others. opening weekend at Hakkasan was pretty crazy, mostly invited guests. I go to the clubs almost every night and I see people just standing there in line. on weekdays, they don't really serve a purpose except maybe groups of guys, fri and sat the presale moves a little faster that GA.

14. Thirdbasekid24

Thirdbasekid24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got presales at Marquee last summer and only waited 5 min. If you're worried about getting in quick, show up EARLY, Like 10, and even earlier for Light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.