1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest price drop procedure?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by StormHawk, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sort of OT, but I didn't want to make a new thread.

If you buy a southwest WGA fare and the price drops, what is the procedure? Can you call and ask for the lower fare and the difference in credit? Do you have to switch to another date then a second switch back? My November dates are not on sale now, but may be before then at some point.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top right corner on their site. "change flight". Enter your confim# pick the same flights and dates you already have and it will show you the price difference.

If prices went down, the credit you receive will be good for one year from the original booking date, not the date of change.

3. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, thanks!

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe:
    ......how awesome?
    The answer was spot on but reminds me of the question to Greg popovich as to how amazing timmy was....what a great site

5. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe is SWA king....

I am waiting for flights to come out for MM next year ;) That i cant wait for :) :)

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slightly related to the OP.

For 2013 I'm flying as my wife's companion on SWA which means my fare is $5 for whatever we book.

Because of that and the fact they we always buy EB for the return trip, I have to call into SWA to make flight changes if there is a price drop. The only way to rebook on line is to cancel my ticket and rebook my wife's ticket, then rebook mine as a new companion again.

However, if I do that I lose my $12.50 EB and have to buy it again. Here is the odd thing. The phone people can't see the online pricing unless they get out of one screen and actually call up SWA on the internet to verify the price I'm looking at.

3 separate calls this week for 3 different trips that went down in price. Two of the people were great in rebooking us and keeping our EB. One seemed to be dumber than a rock. In the end I was transferred to a supervisor to make the change. Total savings (credits) $170.

Sorry that got long winded. But the point is that there is truth to when they say the price is available only online.

If I wasn't flying as a companion, it is a breeze to change flights online, just keep good records on those confirmation numbers and the credit expiration dates associated with them.

According to one of the phone people, you can use up to 3 different travel credits on one flight, but they have to be in the passenger's name, of course.

7. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

*** Just a side note to the original poster, and any others that are new to the SWA re-booking credit funds .... On each of your credit funds, the expiration date is the deadline of when you must actually "FLY" using those funds, not the date when you are "booking" a future flight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.