1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frozen Bars

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by UKFanatic, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my trip in a couple weeks, several of my friends want to go to one of the frozen bars for a drink. I know there is one at the Mandalay Bay Shoppes. is there still one inside Monte Carlo or anywhere else? We are staying at MGM, so closer is better. Also, if anyone has any tips or suggestions about these places, please share. Thanks

I Need Spa
  2. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Monte Carlo does have one. It's called the "Minus 5" bar. It was open for business when I was there last, about a month ago. Passing by, I was handed a coupon for a free shot at the bar (with paid admission).

I didn't go in, because I'm from the frozen northeast U.S.A. area (about an hour east of Buffalo), and we get long, cold winters here as it is. Spending money to put on a parka and go into an ice cold room just doesn't appeal to me. But if that's your thing, it's available...

The Monte Carlo is located even closer to MGM Grand than Mandalay Bay, so it might be an easier trek for you.

Enjoy!

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The girls are usually standing between Diablos and the South MC entrance handing out the coupons.

4. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This topic has come up quite a bit before and the consensus seems to be that they really aren't that fun. I've been to the one at the Monte Carlo and I thought that after a few minutes I was ready to leave. I got my admission through the MyVegas game on Facebook and I wish I would have gotten something else instead.

5. kdor78

kdor78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will definately be passing on this one! I am from Canada and here in the prairies we see more than our share of the cold:cry: We also have a few places where they have 'ice' bars set up outside during the winter, so I can see that anytime!! Its a cool idea if you've never seen such a thing.

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a deal for a group of 8 of us MDW 2011 while staying at Monte Carlo and never again. Can say been there, done that. Me and 1 other guy went all out with the fur coats and commemorative winter fur hat to bring home while 1 other guy and the 5 girls did the basic package with 2 drinks. Was offered 50% off what price is shown online but still not worth it. Think we were in there for maybe 35 minutes.

7. sjross2

sjross2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. Wife and I are heading there in a few weeks for our anniversary. Of course, it might be worth it to experience freezing temps when 110 outside.

8. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I are from Buffalo and shes constantly wanting to goto Minus 5 - I really don't see the appeal in doing this haha - its june and it's still 55 f in the morning :(

I goto Vegas to be hot! If I wanted to be cold, I'd stay in Buffalo or take a day trip to Toronto :)

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Wisconsin and after suffering through a winter that seemed like it would never end, I'd be damned if I ever went to a bar like this.:nono:

10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't disagree, not my idea. But I try to be an accommodating friend

I Need Spa
  11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if they aren't there then they are usually just outside the food court at Monte Carlo with the coupons.

Also Monte Carlo sent me something, I think it was on Facebook but could have been by email, where if women show up in a bikini they can get in free.

12. Sunbeamblue2002

Sunbeamblue2002 Tourist

Yes that is on there facebook page

13. zapy123

zapy123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friends and i went to one the located near Mandalay bay. We weren't sure of it while walking by but once inside it was the highlight of our trip. They had an awesome ice luge for shots. I'm definitly checking it out again on my next trip.

14. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it before and we had a great time. Although, go with a group. The more the merrier. We were ready to leave after our first drink but had a two drink package.

They had a ice boob luge and we bought a shot for my buddy and got him sucking a shot out of an ice boob. Of course, I have the picture since he doesn't want his wife seeing it!

They tell you to leave everything outside and not to take anything in with you. But, you can't buy the extra shots without money and you can't tip the bartender if you don't have money on you as well.

So, my advice, buy a single drink package, take money inside with you, if you decide to stay longer, just buy more drinks inside.

Oh, and there's a photographer inside to get your picture. No cameras allowed inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.