1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Platinum with less than 200,000 points

Discussion in 'Comps' started by MidnightBJ, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to vegas as a pearl, and after my second day, and with only a little over 100,000 tier points, the cage personnel said I was no longer at pearl. I figured she was getting my new gold card, but returned with a platinum card. On the website I am also listed at platinum but don't have near 200,000 points. Has anyone heard of an upgrade based not on points, but betting level or some other factor? I was betting a little over $500 hand at blackjack.

2. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe the points are behind in the system, but the status threshold is not?? Does not really make sense, but I never heard of <200K Platinum.

If you were at the very upper edge of Pearl when you started, you only need a bit more than 125K in points to hit platinum. Two good days of play @ $500/avg bet could get you that.

3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could be you were platinum last year and didn't realize it. The points reset to zero in October and you may have thought you were pearl based on the point total for this year. Your status carries over year to year.

4. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, right!!! I am sure that is exactly it.

So long as you reached Platinum last year (by Oct 1 2012), you are Platinum until Oct 1 this year. The points you are accumulating now that show up on your account will determine your status next year (Oct 1 2013 - Sept 30 2014).

5. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To my knowledge the level stated on the MLife website didn't just take into account points. If you logged in there and it said Pearl, at least some part of the system said you were Pearl. Mine is Gold and it is gold because I reached that level almost 2 years ago. The timing came out perfect and I've been over 18 months well under the 75k points required.

I'm not saying it is impossible that you weren't platinum before, it just doesn't mesh with what I saw on my account with Gold.

Still just a guess, but I would lean towards a host possibly bumping you up. 500/hand would get platinum fairly easy. Still just a guess though.

6. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been higher than pearl. My points are still just a little over 100,000. The only thing I could come up with is they have some special criteria other than points for platinum. However, no one else seems to have experienced this. Maybe most players at this level get to platinum so quickly, they wouldn't notice?

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I wouldn't put too much stock in what your numbers are showing online. A lot of people have posted that their numbers aren't properly updating in the system. It's possible internally they see something different than what you see on mlife.

Based on the play you described of 500 BJ for 12.5 hours you should've probably earned about 140k TCs (22 TC per hour per dollar bet), which could've put you over 200k total. Maybe even up to double that based on some recent numbers jdvegas posted from his last trip of 46 TC per hour per dollar.

It's possible they changed the earning rate for BJ or table games in general. They are screwy since per dollar of theo they are all over the place. For instance you can earn almost 7x the TCs per dollar of theo playing VP than you could from BJ. Around 217 TC/$ versus 33 TC/$ based on a lot of people's numbers. Even if the 33 number is low the difference is still huge so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it.

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just speculating, but do you think the TC per hour per dollar is influenced at all by the Tier Credit Bonus? I'll bet that's why there's such a discrepancy between the lower and the higher number.

I wonder if the bonus is applied as soon as you cross the threshold or by the day? I'm betting you start to get the bonus the next day after the points hit your account.

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

No because the bonus only applies to the earning rate for ECs and Pointplay. Not to the rate at which you earn TCs. I used to think that it did as well.

So for instance in VP the base earning rate for every $10 coin-in is 10 TCs, 1 cent PP and 1 cent EC. If you're Platinum you'd get 10 TCs, 1.3 cents PP and 1.3 cents ECs.

10. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm... I see. Yep. I thought it was a bonus on tier credit earnings as well. I see the mistake I made though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.