1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

5 Star Booking Help

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by omegaenthusiast, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omegaenthusiast

omegaenthusiast Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Guys,

Super new to this forum. I tried searching but couldn't find the right answer (I suppose). I'm heading to Vegas for a conference in March 2014. And I'm curious what the most optimal way to book a room at one of the 5 star hotels is... bellagio/ venetian etc for the best price.

Should I wait till it's closer? I know it's a super big conference so most stuff will get sold out sooner rather than later. Should I call the hotels directly? Should I priceline them?

Any thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

2. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sound like you do not go to Vegas much, so I would suggest an air fare+hotel package. That being said if you are going for a conference are they giving you a room rate for the conference? Or is it in another place that you do not want to stay?

Yes I would also wait until 6 months out, it's way to early to book now.

You will most likely get a lot of responses here so just compare the prices as you get closer and see what is the best deal.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's safe to say you can wait a little bit. This early out there won't be many promotions going on. But you can go ahead and book something, just make sure it's refundable (usually that means booking through the hotel). Search for promotions on websites like smartervegas.com. If you book direct, you can always cancel and rebook if you find something cheaper. If you book through a website like Expedia or Travelocity, it's generally non-refundable.

The standard rate at the Venetian is about $199 a night I would say, higher on the weekends. Similar for Bellagio. If you want something a little cheaper I'd look at Aria or Vdara. But, yes like you said if it's a conference rates could be skyhigh... but remember not every conference is "huge" for Vegas. If it's something like CES it'll affect rates. but most normal conferences do not (except maybe for the hotel it's at)

For your reference the 5 star hotels are
    Aria, Vdara, Trump, Wynn, Encore, Palazzo, Venetian, Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, Mandarin Oriental, and Four Seasons. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Also I echo the Air/Hotel suggestion. I'd check Southwest Vacations if they fly out of your home city. They run great specials all the time on Vegas.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can wait a bit. You can start doing bookings now to see what rates are.

What hotel is the conference in?

It is VERY smart to be in the same place, no matter the rate.

Also, sometimes the conference gives good rates for attendees. Sometimes you are better booking on your own.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you talking about Conexpo-Con/Agg? If so, I would definitely book early. Things get pretty ridiculous price-wise as it gets close. That said, it's way too early now. In a few months you'll probably be able to book through the convention website. They usually offer some pretty good rates for attendees. I know I've seen top notch joints like Wynn/Encore, Cosmo and Aria on their list of participating hotels.

If you aren't talking about that particular convention, don't sweat it. There are only a handful of other conventions that cause rates to spike so much and I don't believe any of them are in March (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Of course, there is March Madness if that's when you're going...

6. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agree, agree, agree- you don't want to be in another hotel when you have a 7 am meeting-IMHO. I am not a morning person so maybe that is just me. Plus it's nice to just pop upstairs to get the folder you need or your ___you forgot in the room. For good deals: in addition to all of the great suggestions given, recommend signing up for promotional emails at the hotel's website. Also AAA has some good deals so check them out if you are a member. Lastly check on this site under the "Hotel offers and Discounts" !

2024’s Second Trip
  7. mdmilburne

mdmilburne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went this past April stayed in the Palazzo for 6 nights for $770.00 through Sears vacations. I was surprised when I found the deal all others was looking to get $1000 to $1500 for the same stay.

8. omegaenthusiast

omegaenthusiast Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Guys!

You guys are most probably the nicest people on any forum! Thank you for all those helpful responses!

And thecarve mentioned, it is the Conexpo/ConAgg conference so I'm assuming everything is going to get booked sooner rather than later. I just wanted to get in early and secure something before the whole place gets sold out.

I'm actually exhibiting there (i have my own startup), so I'm trying to find a good deal without compromising too much in terms of luxury/ quality. I'll definitely check out Southwest and other sites. I should probably make a refundable reservation somewhere just in case.

Also, what are some of the nicer 4 start hotels that would be worth considering?

Thank you so much for all your help!!

9. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not everyone agrees on what's a 4-star, but most of the hotels one category or so down from the top-end ones mentioned above are nice and would be fine. Bigger issue would be what part of the Strip you want to stay on.

As to booking early, no harm in booking now direct through the hotel you choose so long as you can get a fully refundable reservation. Many folks on this board are active practitioners of "book early & often," meaning that when a better deal comes along later cancel the first reservation and book the new one.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not get too hung up on 4 star/5 star. If you are exhibiting, you will be so tired, you would be happy with Motel6. LOL!

Anyways, since the show is at Las Vegas Convention center, the closest is LVH - formally known as Las Vegas Hilton. They will sell out for sure. The convention folks will offer shuttles to their "official" hotels.

You also have the monorail to get to strip hotels on the east side. Do not even thing about taking the monorail and then walking to a hotel on the west side. After standing all day at your booth - you will be DONE.

11. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The monorail is definitely a good option to get back and forth to the convention center. After spending all day at the convention I would want to get as far away from that atmosphere as possible (MGM Grand).....But, thats just me....enjoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.