1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

British Virgin Islands

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by HoyaHeel, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going on a sailing trip in a couple months - BVIs (plus a couple days in a B&B in Charlotte Amalie for full-size showers before heading home:peace:) Any recommendations - beach bars, favorite snorkeling spots? I haven't been to the BVIs since I was a teenager (also a sailing trip).

2. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you chartering on your own or have you hired a captain? They would know all the spots...
    One of our favorite snorkeling spots is The Indians just off Norman Island and also The Caves at Norman Island. I recommend picking up a mooring ball at The Bight, Norman Island, and eating and a few drinks at PIRATES. Also later you could catch the fun at WILLE T's (a pirate ship bar anchored in The Bight).
    http://www.normanisland.com/

Other must stops are....
    FOXEYS at Great Habour, Jost Van Dyke,...SIDNEY'S PEACE & LOVE, at Little Harbour, Jost Van Dyke (don't forget to ask for "painkillers" when you order)...
    Head to Marina Cay and try to catch Michael Beans at the Robb White Bar and grab a bite at Pussers (I love Pussers Rum)
    http://www.bvimusic.com/venues/marina-cay-the-robb-white-bar/

If your time allows you could head to north sound and eat at Saba Rock...nice and quiet harbor there.
    I have sailed the BVI three times and love it there. We may be going back with two other couples in 2014.
    Hope this helped and have a great trip.

3. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, we're chartering with a captain and they've been chartering > 10 years so I'm sure they'll know the popular spots. I'm just excited and doing travel planning on my own so I thought I'd ask here:nworthy:

4. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will take good care of you and your trip should be carefree. Who are you chartered with?

5. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Corus is the yacht. Arrangements made through BVI Yacht Charters.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're interested in snorkeling, and going to be in the USVI area anyway, I might trek over from St. Thomas to St. Croix and check out Buck Island. Absolutely amazing (and I'm specifically referring to the Buck Island reef off St. Croix, *not* the Buck Island refuge by St. Thomas... they're decidedly different). It's a designated National Monument, and St. Croix has a ton of nice restaurants/bar and historic sites to go visit as well.

7. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No time for St. Croix since most of the time will be spent sailing in the BVIs. I know there will be enough decent snorkeling there, plus great sailing (fingers crossed since it's the wrong time of year...) Thanks for the recommendation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.