1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Open Containers

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bsbaz, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what the rule is on open containers of alcohol is? Obviously, you can have an open container in a taxi, but am unsure if that is just an unwritten law. What are the open container rules in a traditional car? Of course, the driver can't be partaking, but can passengers in either the rear or front seat have an open beer in Las Vegas, or for that matter, anywhere in NV?

2. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can have an open container in a taxi, limo or on a bus. You can't have an open container in the passenger section of a private vehicle unless it is completely empty.

Las Vegas and Clark County have very lax alcohol laws, just not when it comes to drinking and driving.

4. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if it is law or not, but I have been denied access to the busses in Las Vegas with an open container. The driver told me I could either dispose of it or wait for another bus.

5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the RTC rules:

As a rider on the RTC transit system, I will:

Wear a shirt and shoes at all times;
    Have exact change ready as the driver cannot make change;
    Refrain from eating or drinking on the bus and have all drinks and food contained in spill-proof containers;

If you put your drink in a "sippy cup". it would be ok then. :evillaugh

6. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks nice written down, but if it has been opened or could be opened to drink out of on the bus, they typically don't let you on. I've seen people with bottles of coke with the lids screwed on not allowed to board the bus.

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was denied a ride from a taxi once (MB to Bellagio) because we had a big slushy drink...well three of them.

Also was denied access to a shuttle because we had open beers...so we pounded them (the beers that is) and got on the bus

8. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got on 'The Deuce' just fine last year with my half drank Diet Pepsi with the lid screwed on. I swiped my pass with drink in the other hand, boarded just fine, and found a seat up top in the very front. Wish I was drunk, for that would have been even funner sitting up there!

There's no way they wouldn't let you board with a soda or a water with the lid on! It's like 150° at the bus stops in July and August, so you certainly would have something to keep you hydrated. :faint:

9. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've specifically gotten a beer to drink in the cab many times (Beer For The Cab..hold on...gonna grab me a BFTC) and never had any problem. They were not slush-based, however. Maybe those cause bigger messes when spilled?

10. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and they are 60 oz vs 12 oz

11. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had a problem with an open beer in a cab, just keep it on the down low and you should be fine I think.

12. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He did mention it was a BFTC, which are 24 oz. But still it doesn't have to stick out the sunroof to fit in the cab, which makes it allowed I guess.

13. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its up to the cab driver. Was on Freemont by the taxi line...not sure where. Only 3 cabs in that line. Driver asked us where we wanted to go ...we said not ready yet...need to finish these drinks, and smokes. He said no problem...do you mind if I smoke my cigar...we said Nope...loaded into his cab and he took us back to the strip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.