1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

valid at MGM owned restaurants only

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by gabeoak, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering what this means at MGM Grand. I am considering booking a public offer that has f&b credit but with the following stipulation:
    "valid at MGM owned restaurants only"

So does that rule out using it at Wolfgang Puck or CRAFT?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, those should be OK. generally it means anywhere that you can charge to your room. it just rules out places like the food court and Starbucks.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know which places exactly, but some places rent space in the MGM properties and aren't owned by MGM. Most of them are owned by MGM so it should be fine. I'd just ask first if your credit is valid there.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those should be OK.

When you check in the desk clerk will explain that you have F&B credit, how it works and tell you exactly what restaurants you can and can't use it at.

5. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You never know..

We stayed at the MGM over spring break and also had the $75 food and beverage credit. The lady at the front desk at check in told us which restaurants we could use it in and crossed off the ones we couldn't. Not a problem, I thought it was great to know right away.

We had an awesome dinner one night at Emerils. We decided to splurge, because it was one of the places crossed off on the list, we knew we would be paying for it and using the credit elsewhere.

When I was looking over the bill before we checked out, I couldn't find the food and beverage credit and called the front desk to ask about it. The credit isn't listed as a charge and then a credit. It is listed as just the adjusted charge. The credit was taken off of the bill at Emeril's. After the very polite man explained to me that there was no way that we had dinner at Emerils for what we were charged, I believed him.

So I don't know if the check in lady crossed off the wrong restaurant or if the credit was applied incorrectly. We had certainly charged more than $75 of food and beverages to the room and would have been fine either way.

Just keep in mind that STARBUCKS is not included. I think every person in line ahead of me every day asked that question as they ordered their morning beverages.

Have a great time at MGM.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.