1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

GN room question

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by High_Iron, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High_Iron

High_Iron Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey guys.

It's been a few years since we stayed here and right now we have a Carson tower room reserved( Got a deal, but we may upgrade). Do these rooms have a Keurig coffee machine in them? We dont drink alot of coffee in the room but it wouldn't hurt to pack a few pods just in case.

TIA

2. Jimmyredcab

Jimmyredcab Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in the Carson tower last week, the rooms do have a coffee machine but I can't tell you what make, the hotel expect you to pay $10 for a pack of four pods ----------- and $7 for a bottle of water, plus tax obviously.

3. OnTheHorizon

OnTheHorizon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the GN and stayed in the Carson Tower rooms many times. The ONLY suggestion I would do is get the VIP check-in. If you have a Landry's Select Card it's often free - or pay the $25 for it -- well worth it.

4. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in carson tower last weekend, very busy but still only 5 minutes at most to check in, great room and yes it has a coffeemaker, we bought our pods from walmart

5. High_Iron

High_Iron Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the replies. We will bring a few pods with us.

As for the VIP check in I am too cheep to spend $25 just to check in. I am actually annoyed they even offer this. It just seems like another way to nickel and dime the customers. Just my 2 cents.

4 more weeks, cant wait!

6. OhioGuy

OhioGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The VIP check in actually have a few other benefits also. I got a book of coupons that more then made the $25 back.

7. Jimmyredcab

Jimmyredcab Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regarding VIP check in, it depends when you are due to arrive, I got to the hotel at 9pm on a Monday night and waited less than 5 minutes, on a Friday night it would be a different story ----------- I agree with your sentiments about paying a fee just to check in. :beer:

8. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand evryone gets the coupon book, I did in the carson tower and didnt pay for any VIP treatment.I checked in on a friday in less than 5 minutes

9. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't pay $25 for VIP check-in. But I do pay $12.50 ($25 round trip) for Southwest's early-bird seating.

Makes sense in my own mind, but not sure why??

10. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes you have to ask for the coupon book. I've made it through the check-in process several times at GN without being offered one. At the end, I asked if I could get a coupon book and they've always said yes. But sometimes they'll let you walk without one. So be sure and request it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.