1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Skybox - Closed?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JosieCat, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just read on a trip report that the Skybox at the Aria was closed. Anyone have any info on this. Is it permanent, temporary (like closed for remodel).

I'm really disappointed as this was my to-go restaurant when I stayed there. I think I got food to go there like 3 times during my last stay there. I'm staying at the Aria this Saturday for 3 nights.

Does anyone know if you can get food to go at Cafe Vettro?

2. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It closed a few months back, I believe. I personally thought it was only so-so; they had a lot of TVs, but I never felt like they were really organized in a way that was conducive to watching sports. I'd much rather sit in Deuce or at the bar at Julian Serrano, to be honest. I'm looking forward to the new pizza place.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well for me as a solo traveler, I don't like to eat in restaurants by myself. Although on my last solo trip, I did work my way up to doing buffets solo. So for me, the Skybox was perfect. And yes, I know it's kind of ridiculous, but I just can't do it - I can't eat in a restaurant alone. If I'm not going to enjoy it - I'm not going to do it. I'd much rather get food to go and eat it in my suite.

Thanks for the responses.

So does anyone know if you can get food to go from Cafe Vettro.

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to that and I can see where you are coming from on the eating alone part. I've only eaten alone twice in Vegas and both times I felt pretty awkward. One time at Jean Georges and one time at Prime. I felt the most out of place at Prime by myself, not sure why but it was very uncomfortable.

If you are at Aria, it is easy to get fast food over at the Monte Carlo food court though! I've gotten quite a few drunk slices of Sbarro pizza late at night lol.

6. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever consider just eating at the bar? Ill do that if my girl wants to just keep gambling. I try to avoid McD's and such so I just go eat at the bar of any place I was wanting to hit with her.

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP wasn't referring to the restaurant. He was referring to the TO-GO stand that they had to the left of the bar. It was an awesome place to get well-prepared to-go food without having to sit down at a restaurant. That place will be sorely missed by me and my friends. The staff was always awesome too.

If you go over by the North valet doors... there's a door to an escalaor just next to the coffee bar that has a link between Monte Carlo and Aria. When you get to the Monte Carlo, there's a huge food court that the passage opens up into. Not the Skybox to-go, but variety and cheap.

I'll be at Aria this weekend as well. It's a shame they don't have better non-sit down food options.

8. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm not mistaken Aria uses Cafe Vetro (cooks/menu) for their room service. At least that's what I was told last trip.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they do take out.

I've done take out from them in the past as well as the coffee shops at Luxor and Monte Carlo (also the one at Excalibur, which is gone now).

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, I would imagine the pizza place is going to do take-out.

11. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not so secret pizza is right next door tho.

12. bob821

bob821 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also liked the convenience of the Skybox but the Five50 pizza restaurant sounds good too. They'll have take-out and perhaps a selection of food that may surpass the Skybox...I'm hoping. The owner describes as 50% pizza and 50% bar. I read the latest info here:
    http://vegas.eater.com/tags/five50

13. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information everyone. It looks like it will be the buffet, room service and Cafe Vettro take-out. The fast food at MC sounds good too - but I do have a food comp at the Aria.

14. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read Five50 is supposed to be open in May. Anyone know the exact date? I'll be there in a couple weeks.

15. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.lvago.com/whatsnews.cfm

16. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our crew plays at tonne of VP at the skybox bar sure hope it doesn't close

17. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this is a late reply (I was in Vegas myself until this past Monday) but Cafe Vettro does do takeout - however you cannot order it at the front. They require you to sit down at a table and order the meal from the server and ask for it to go.

18. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skybox is completely gone and closed for good (I saw it walled up when I was there last week). It is being replaced by a pizza place.

19. Timchuk

Timchuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Macker you need some pizza after 20 drinks anyways. Hit quad aces over at ballys again.

20. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got a countdown timer, why the fuck was I not informed of the dates for this trip. I always need an excuse to go to Vegas again.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.