1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Believe

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Jade88, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know if Chris angel's show is still going at Luxor? Or did they finally shoot the horse...LOL

2. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The horse is very much alive LOL

3. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder how many years are left on whatever contract is in place. Hopefully not many. I'm guessing this was a very solid, multi-year contract... one that Cirque shouldn't sign again if they choose to have another TV actor star in another show. It would be nice to see Luxor have a new Cirque show... an actual Cirque show.

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Zombie Show of the strip. Doesn't know it's dead.....keeps walking.......looking for brains......

5. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Problem is there are always a line full of "brains" waiting to get in and see this dreck. WHY!!!?????

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He signed a 10 year deal

when did he started 2008 or 2009

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i thought the shoot him and now the horse performs and by the way mr ed is much better than criss angel

8. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 years!? Goodness gracious. :faint:

I feel bad for those managing Luxor. It's probably going to be the longest remaining years left on the contract. If I were them I would just buy out the rest of the contract and part ways... unless they are actually making money on the show. If that's the case, which it probably is, they're just going to roll with it, bad reviews, poor word of mouth and all.

9. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, they've stripped out the Cirque elements, including the live band, live singers, and all of the dancers. They pipe in pre-recorded applause through the speakers, which is so obvious when the auditorium is less than half-full and nobody is really clapping. The whole show is on auto-pilot now, with him just standing there flapping his jaw and plugging magic kits from the gift shop, so it should be making a profit. Damn it.... :vomit:

10. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're piping in pre-recorded applause??

That is just shameful.

:haha:

11. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ten year deal? were they on crack? LOL A tiny dark part of me wants to drag the hubby to it but he would divorce me and leave me alone in vegas...Wait..maybe that's not a bad idea after all, the being alone in Vegas, not the divorce part.

13. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chris Angel was down on Fremont putting on a free show last night. I missed it, on purpose. ;)

14. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jan Rouven just posted this regarding the theft of his illusion and it's performance on Fremont last night:

On May 9th 2013, Criss Angel performed the illusion on Fremont street in Las Vegas for a Spike TV series. The performance was highly controversial because Angel never acquired the rights to perform the illusion. Spike TV made a statement crediting the illusion to Clive Barker and his 1995 horror film “Lord of Illusion.” However, Barker was merely the inspiration for the effect, never actually developing a magic illusion. Jan Rouven and his team were the actual creators of the illusion.

Several spectators at Angel’s live event were upset because of the ruined finale. Leaving one string in place, Angel got up from the table and pulled the final string to allow the final sword to fall. This final sword would have fallen directly above Angel’s heart. However, after pulling the string, nothing happened and the sword remained suspended, indicating there may not have been any danger for Angel after all. This happened twice, but Angel’s team was able to get the sword to fall on the third try.

15. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! I guess I made the right choice!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.