1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Android help- startup screen

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a 7" Android touchscreen tablet. Refurbished unit for $40 and it was delivered yesterday.
    Operating system is 2.3.

I've been fooling around with this thing and using my desktop to search the internet at the same time to figure out if there is a way to just eliminate the lock screen that starts on start up. I don't need it locked or password protected, but all my Google searches come up with answers to unlock if you forgot your password.

Is there a way to eliminate the first screen and just get to the icons? Email, browser etc. The world of TV screen in my hand is new to me and I'm already finding the power-up procedure annoying.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes under settings -> security you can change the lock screen to "none".

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Shifter! I figured out part of my problems are you have to rotate the screen to a larger vertical view, but then also finger everything down and that wasn't that obvious at first. No scroll arrows that I see, so far.

I honestly love technology, well except people and their cell phones, but there are days i feel really old and out of it.

4. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might want to try hooking up a mouse to it also for some ease in "typing on the keypad". My android notebook has a small lever on the top to switch between touch/external device..

Another tip,if you download a book from Amazon,notebook has to be vertical to open it up..I downloaded 'Killing Kennedy 'and it was on the tablet,but would not open? As like most computer problems it was something dumb..And I've been at this Joe since the days of no hard drive IBM pc's and expanding into the 2400 baud modem Packard Bell pc's..:blink:

Some apps only work in vertical also...PIA for VP games apps where a mouse is great,but now I have to lean the notebook against something to use..(the case it came with has a flip support for normal laptop like position)

USATODAY is not a bad app for quick daily news and works in both positions..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.