1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Adding myVegas friends without cluttering my regular news feed

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Geno5000, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geno5000

Geno5000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyway to hide all the stuff from the myVegas only friends so I can see it only when I need to?

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can create a group for myVegas friends and then only allow game activity to post to that group.

3. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    create a myVegas group and then you can also limit what they see on your facebook and limit myvegas posts to them.

4. steveorama

steveorama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its easier to create a list instead of a group.
    A group shows up on each of the members facebook page.

With a list - you can make a list of all the slot and game players. Then add the players you want to that.

On the app page, change the notifications to custom.
    Add the list name to the send option.

You can even make a list or your regular (non-playing) friends and put them in the exclude list.

That way no one will see whose in a group or request to be added. You maintain the list.

5. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have hesitated adding ANY myVEGAS friends as my concern was that they'd all be added to my "regular" Facebook friends. I suppose that was a correct assumption?

I understand, however, that adding many myVEGAS friends is a way to rake in a lot of regular points.

hmmmmm

6. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .....and to get caught and be banned as many have been already!!! :nono:

7. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm new to this - could you explain that to me... are there rules against adding friends... are there limits?

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are people who adopted hundreds of friends to pick up chips in the game. One thing that happens is they sent friend invitations to people who didn't recognize them and those people complained. FB stopped them from adding friends. The other thing that happens is when you are in a situation where you need to verify your account, the security check is to identify your friends and FB doesn't use your regular profile picture. When folks couldn't identify their anonymous friends, they get locked out of their accounts.

With the new chip limits, it's not worth having a ton of friends anymore IMO. You do want MyVegas friends because you get boosters for your daily spins and you can share chips back and forth but the people you will pick from the friends groups will have all their game posts chips swiped in less than 60 seconds. Despite the warnings, it appears plenty of people are still using collection bots.

9. Geno5000

Geno5000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just want to make enough friends to get the daily bonus up to %500, I don't need chip feeds really.

10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best way to make sure you do not get banned because of people not clicking the button that says they know you outside of Facebook is to message the people you are interested in friending and tell them that you would like to be friends and ask them to send YOU a friend request. That way you are in control and you know to say that you know them outside of Facebook.

The most important thing is not to add too many friends at one time - two or three a day should not raise any red flags. Facebook gave me a virtual slap on the wrist in the past for sending "too many friend requests" and suspended me for several days - and that was for requesting people I actually knew!!

11. RandyCox

RandyCox Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just use the Acquaintence group :p

12. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's that?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.