1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Take the tunnel to the Orleans from the airport?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dtmk66, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking a cab from the airport to the Orleans on a Sunday, is the tunnel route another rip off by the cabby? What is the fastest way?:nworthy:

2. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone both ways and its cheaper NOT to use the tunnel. It never saved any time using it either, and was about $10 more. That's my experience. I haven't had a cabbie try the tunnel to Orleans without asking, ever. I understand that its the point of it all, they are purposely trying to cheat you going the long way, but honestly, if it were faster I'd go that way, $10 in Vegas is like seconds in a slot machine. IMO people stress out way too much about being tunneled. Had three or four longhauls myself out of probably 100 cab rides, and the most it was over normal was probably $10. Just say Orleans, no tunnel, and if they get an attitude that you've had the audacity to say that, ignore it. The last few trips especially, I've had some great cab drivers. They aren't all a'holes.

3. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you need to clarify your definitions and what you expect. Do you want the fastest way or the cheapest way?

It won't be cheaper to take the tunnel to Orleans, but I'd be willing to be a lot of cab drivers will jump on it the minute you say "fastest."

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The most expensive cab ride I have had in vegas was from the airport to orleans via city streets.

There was some construction taking place and it was clogged with only 1 lane open and a guy with a flag only letting a few cars through at a time.

Nothing anyone could do about it and the cabbie even apologized for it.

Its was about $30. Not their fault so I tipped on top of that of course.

5. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everytime I go to Vegas they're always doing some kind of road work on Tropicana close to the Orleans.

Depending on what time of the day you get in, it may be faster to take the tunnel to the 215 and get off on Decatur and take the surface streets north to Tropicana.

I usually go that route during the day hours to avoid the traffic on the I-15 as well as on Tropicana going past the Strip.

Note: I rent a car, so time is the biggest factor in determining my route.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh... live a little... take the tunnel!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.