1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tell me about Bally's Fitness Center

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do they have for weights there? Barbell? Squat rack? Just machiens?

I prefer free weights.

Any pictures?

Where's it located?

If we can't check in early can we still use the fitness center?

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fitness center is located adjacent to the spa in the lower level concourse leading to the pool and monorail. They do have cardio machines, I'm not sure about the free weights as I just passed through on the way to the spa. If you are scheduled to check in that day, they should let you in, but I can't give you a 100% correct answer.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Kudos to you on wanting a squat rack but a while back I looked at the pics of probably every strip hotel's fitness center and the only place that had a rack/cage was Monte Carlo. Another place might have it too but not in any pictures. However I doubt it because its rare to find in a hotel gym. Use the oyster site c0usineddie posted to see the pics, its the best place to find them. Other than missing a rack the Ballys gym seems to have a decent selection of olympic plates, bars, and benches.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cannot recall seeing a free weight at any resort on the strip. These are just "fitness centers" not gyms. Usually just bare minimums. One of my faves is NYNY over looks the pool, great views while on the treadmill!

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That's not true a lot of them have free weights including Ballys if the pictures are accurate. They usually don't have racks or cages though.

7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider free weights to be plates. If you mean dumbells, then yes 8 have saw dumbells and they are usually in most fitness facilities. When I think free weights I think plates, bars, racks etc.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I consider it the same way but they do have standard olympic plates and bars (no racks though). However I'm just basing it on the pictures on oyster, I've never been there.

The only pic of a strip gym I've seen with a rack or cage was Monte Carlo and they even list it on their website.

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, they are def in the pics. I didnt remember the plates, but of course I had forgotten about the tennis courts as well! LV will do that to the brain I guess!

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here's another question:

How do you get into the fitness center at Ballys?

Here's why I am wondering. We booked before the implementation of resort fees. I called to ask if we could opt out of the resort fees but still use the fitness center. They told me I could for $20 per person per usage. That means using it twice with 2 people would be $80, more than just paying the resort fee. So I though we might as well pay the resort fee.

But in my ever cheap mind I am wondering if there's a way to even get Round that.

Now with resort fees everyone has access to the fitness center. So what do to have to do or show to use it. Is it possible to NOT pay the resort fee and have the fitness center assume I did?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.