1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Prime Lobster Bisque

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by No field five, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No field five

No field five Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last two times i have been to Vegas i have had random people tell me that the lobster bisque at prime is one of the best they have ever had.I went to prime last time i went but they did not have it on the menu. Does anyone know if this is actually a thing on the menu and is it something that is not on the menu but you can order or is it seasonal. If it is seasonal does anyone know when they surve it.

Thanks

53 days to Vegas.

2. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only thing i can think of is maybe that its a cost issue. Or wasnt a big seller?

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not tried it at Prime, but I recall a very good lobster bisque at Nine at the Palms

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bisques are usually winter soups because of the heavy cream base. in summer they usually lighten things up. but you can always call them and ask about it.

5. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Corsair66

Corsair66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it's on the menu at Prime, it's great. I always get onion soup, but my wife loves it. Gatsby's (sadly closed these many years) used to have a great lobster bisque...

Ken

7. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can second this, the lobster bisque i had at Nine was wonderful.

8. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree that it may be seasonal. It is very rich and filling, certainly not something that would go well with light spring or summer meals

9. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten there twice - the first time it was available, the second time they offered another soup. I don't think it correlated to the season, as I think the two visits were exactly 12 months apart. I'm assuming it's just whatever they are offering at that time.

BTW, it was amazing.

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found that the menus on the Bellagio website are good for getting a general idea, but not completely accurate, especially when it comes to seasonal changes. I know that Picasso, for example, makes little tweaks to their menu that aren't reflected on the website. Last time I was there, the first course was an Alaskan king crab salad, and the foie gras course was served with some sort of fruit jam; the time before that, it came with poached cherries. By contrast, the menu says Maine lobster salad, and poached plums with the foie gras.

11. Corsair66

Corsair66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Precisely. These little differences are especially apparent on the various tasting menus (Picasso, Le Cirque, etc.), as is the case with such menus everywhere. Very dependent on the season, ingredient supply, chef's whim, etc.

A strictly a la carte menu such as Prime's is likely to demonstrate less variability on the menu proper, daily specials notwithstanding.

Ken

12. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too true. With Bellagio's on line menus (and those of many other hotels), it's worth checking the document's properties -- something available for PDF files. Depending on your browser, you may need to save the menu first. Open the doc, right click on document properties, and there's a date of creation, and one of last modification. For example, Picasso's menu purports to be from October 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.