1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golfing at Las Vegas Country Club

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Packer Backer, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Packer Backer

Packer Backer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at The LVH over Memorial Day weekend and playing golf at Las Vegas Country Club. I have never played there and was wondering how the course is?

2. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played there many, many years ago, and the course IMO is only OK. Good for nostalgia's sake, but the conditioning was not the best at that time, and some of the holes are very generic compared to newer course layouts.

Ken2v is the resident golf expert here, and he might have a more updated review of that course.

3. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Average course. I played over superbowl weekend. Best price for LV = $79 on a Friday.

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we played it many times, thought it was decent value and convenient for Vegas as long as your expectations aren't super high.

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We golfed last May on a LVH comp offer. The course was in decent shape, play was a bit slow (there were five old locals in front of us - all with their own golf carts). Not very difficult, though it works for me as I don't golf much these days. The last two holes were nice (water holes, approaching views of the strip).

Enjoy your round and book an early tee time once you know the day to avoid the heat.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a side note...when you get to the back 9 and are playing along the road, (sorry don't remember the hole #) you can see the Sigfield & Roy complex across the street. Look for the tigers on the metal gates.

I don't know if they still live there or if this was one of their first homes. I would doubt they do since that is not the greatest neighborhood. Just a little trivia.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, I believe that is LVGC not LVCC.

To the OP, the joint is just average, old school, few tweaks some time back to make it moderately more interesting. A lot comes down to the price you are paying and if you simply are looking for the nearest golf.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, you are right. Didn't read it closely.:eek:

9. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, that is correct on LVGC, on Washington. That's a fun muni to play if expectations are modest. First full 18-hole course in LV. Got paired up with BB King's sax player once there.

And watched the LPGA tourney that used to be held at the CC. Followed Juli Inkster, what a classy lady...

10. Packer Backer

Packer Backer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply's about the LVCC course. We booked 2 back to back GOLF package deals Fri/Sat and then Sun/Mon. So Sat and Sunday we have a round of Golf for 2 + cart for about 100.00 each day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.