1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What cell phone do you have, want?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by DonD, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Droid X display went bad and I went to a DROID RAZR M.

I was pissed when the X broke but now I'm glad. Smaller phone, same size screen and so much better everything.

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got the Blackberry Torch, and while I'd absolutely love to get rid of it, I'm incredibly hesitant to move away from a hardware keyboard and go 100% touchscreen. I really, really hate touchscreens, and the keyboard on the Torch is fantastic especially because I do a ton of emailing with my phone. That being said, there's a decent chance I may bite the bullet and switch over to the Galaxy S4 when that becomes available, because I just don't know if I can deal with the Blackberry OS much longer.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one that makes phone calls.:poke: $6.95 per month and the minutes roll over forever. I guess it can get the internet and text, but I don't use it.
    I did take a picture once.:wink2:

I don't want to sound like Buck Schott's mother in the DVR thread, but I don't need any of that stuff. OK. call me I grudgingly have the cell phone on when traveling. Back home, just call me at home.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a family plan - 4 of us (in-laws, my husband, me) I have the only smart phone and the only text plan:eek: Right now, I'm grandfathered in at Verizon with the unlimited data plan so I'm avoiding replacing my phone as long as possible (and it's a DroidX that's 3 or 4 yrs old?) I love it. I try not to shop for new phones because then I want want want. I use it for a little internet and mostly email, a couple apps (like maps, in the US - wish I could use it overseas!) So I don't need fancy screens or speakers or camera and can use the screen keyboard now. I'm easy:peace:

5. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At&t Titan 2---HTC

LOve it, best phone ever, couldn't live without it.

I've had windows phones since 2006. Would never go with anything else.

6. superdaddy

superdaddy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nothing floats my boat so will look out for recommendations...:drunk:

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Galaxy S3...love it

Very fast, takes excellent pics and full HD video with anti-shake software.

S4 is coming out soon though and that will be better

8. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    iPhone 5, grandfathered 100 texts no charge. 3 like phones cost $144, my wife has unlimited text. 1 phone has none. AT&T.

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Iphone 4. Switched from Droid after lots of probs, Verizon warranty center call person or whatever told me she gets the least amount of complaints on Iphones, so that is what I went with.

No complaints. I retired my last one after numerous drops, a cracked screen and a trip to the bottom of the Flamingo pool. It still worked just fine!

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an IPhone 5 64gb (unlimited everything) I LOVE IT! I've upgraded every time they release a new one. I recently added a Mophie (Air) battery case to it, which almost double the battery life and adds very little to the weight. I use almost every feature... text, e-mail, contacts, calendar, music, Twitter and I watch Netflix on too.

I must say though, I'm AWFULLY impressed with the Samsung Galaxy III ( a IV is out now). My assistant got her's a couple month's ago and it's a helluva device!

11. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Another iPhone 5 here. I'm typing this from it right now.

44inarow I used to be a diehard crackberry user and didn't think I could go to the touchscreen keys. Trust me you'll get used to it in no time and type just as fast.

Sucks that I can't use all the iPhone apps I bought on another platform otherwise I'd try an android phone. I like some of them. But since I'm a cheapo apple's got me locked in with these sunk costs!

12. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folks think this would be hilarious but this is what I actually have as a cellphone.

[​IMG]

All pre-paid quad band GSM. I pay like $40 to $80 and that is for the whole year. I really don't care about having a fancy phone since I mostly talk a maximum of 5 to 10 minutes a month. Don't need all the fancy high annoyance of a smartphone since I am more of a tablet person. I don't text at all so no need for that either. Just need something reliable, good sound quality and reception with low SAR.

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    recently picked up the Galaxy Note II and it rocks my world! 5.5" screen, quad core processor, 2GB RAM and 16+32GB storage. never will go back to those crazy small, underpowered smartphones that you can hardly use.

14. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Galaxy S3, great phone and the GPS takes me right where I want. Love the talk to text and google now

15. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    many good choices out there. I just went from iPhone 3GS to the new 5, and am blown away. But i am solidly in the apple enviro, w/iPad and appleTV as well, which are all linked...

16. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto...I will be getting the S4

17. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got the Motorola razr and love it. I'm up for a renewal credit in a couple of months, but have no desire to get a new phone.

B

18. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the Galaxy S2 free from T Mobile right after the S3 came out.

First smart phone so I cant really compare it ,but different people tell me it's good and reliable .I renewed and upgraded the plan so they gave me the phone free. I needed a new camera anyway.Wife still has the same basic phone,I think it was Steve Job"s when he was in 8th grade.

19. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got the Nokia Glock phone. No surfing, but lets me skate around the conceal carry law since technically its a cell phone.

gunphone.jpg

20. evoiris

evoiris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the Samsung Galaxy Note II since November. I'm waiting for the Note III :evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.