1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

McCarran-Wayne Newton-Swenson-East Harmon-Audrie-Paris lol...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bling, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bling

Bling Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ... apologies for the ridiculous title guys!

Right, a week Wednesday myself and the missus will be in Vegas (and driving in the US) for the first time ever!

We fly into McCarran around 4pm, and the hire car is booked for five.

Anyway, I've researched free parking etc on here and Paris Las Vegas is all good isn't it? Sooo.... hence the title above; Is that the best way to get to the garage without the hassle etc of The Strip?

As mentioned, it's our first time driving and in Vegas so I really need to get this part of the trip planned out so we know exactly what we're doing when leaving the airport... (At least that's the plan!) That way, we won't get too stressed out whilst also looking like we know what we're doing/where we're going (if you get what I mean!)

Thanks as always

Chris

2. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it were me, I would take the three right turns out of the RAC and be on LV Blvd down south of Mandalay Bay. Take the Blvd until you are almost to Tropicana and take a right on Reno. Reno becomes Koval at Tropicana. Koval runs up behind the east side hotels, just take the appropriate street to Paris.

3. Bling

Bling Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks bud, so you mean Paradise then onto Sunset and then the Blvd? Have I got that right?

I was wary of using LV Blvd because of the traffic, will it be ok at around 6pm on a Weds?

4. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, that's not it. The rental car center is not at the airport. They shuttle you over there on a bus. When leaving the center, it's rt on Gillespie, rt on Warm Springs, then rt on LV Blvd. The traffic on the blvd. isn't bad until you get to Tropicana and you will peel off just before on Reno. If you were to miss Reno you could just turn right on Tropicana and catch Koval from there. It's pretty easy to drive in the strip area, especially on the east side. It's hard to get very lost when you can see your target for miles.

I pulled up a map on vegas dot com. It appears that from Koval you would want to take a left on Harmon and a right on Audrie. I have never driven to Paris so others may have better suggestions, but it looks pretty simple. There is probably signage guiding you to the hotels as well. You may want to pull up the map so you can get an idea of what's in store. The RAC is not marked on the map, but it is on Gillespie, between George Crockett and Warm Springs, most likely that U shaped loop on the west side of Gillespie.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, check out these maps. Depending on your phone, you should be able to get these on your phone as well.

maps.google.com

6. Bling

Bling Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooops, double post sorry!

7. Bling

Bling Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, awesome info, thanks very much bud! I didn't know the car rental was outside of the airport, so that's good to know! Hertz I think we are...

Thanks again!

8. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and take the pressure off, tell yourself 'i will make three wrong turns and be in the wrong lane twice'! :D

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.