1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Megabeat hit for the first time

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by Nevyn, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played at the Flamingo to qualify for a freeroll during my stay in November.

They were phasing out some of the promos (NFL game pot splashes, bad beats, high hands etc.) to build these large jackpots. Probably hurts the regular locals who bank on the promotions to keep their bankroll fresh. It's better for the tourist who does not care for qualifying for a monthly or weekly freeroll, but has the chance to win a few grand just for sitting in the room (or six figures for participating in the hand).

I thought they said (in November) Reno/Tahoe and Laughlin would be linked as well, but the article didn't mention it.

Quad Ducks vs. a Wheel Straight Flush looks pretty juicy ($1.4M +).

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to clarify, the jackpot doesn't change based on the hand.

Instead the jackpot grows like any bad beat, but the bigger it gets, the smaller the beaten hand that is required to win it.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But the jackpot would be that high if Quad 2s would be able to win it. (P.S. It'll never get that high.)

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in the room one time when a mini-bad beat was hit. it was quad 9's beat and the minimum for the mega bad beat was 10s or better. so close, but it was still $10k or something.

6. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This CET bad beat has killed the Flamingo. And it wasn't locals in there for the freeroll, it was both locals and tourists for the high hand promos! On the other hand Bally's and Harrahs rooms traffic seems to be up quite a bit since the switch.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.