1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd downtown and fridges - fyi

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called today to make a reservation for my brother using my wife's offer. When I requested a room with a fridge, the reservation person informed me that all 3 properties downtown now have fridges in every room.:thumbsup:

2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    " Cool! "

( small pun )

Thanks for info!

3. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yeah, Joe ... that was all completed at MSS last year ... and possibly even at the Cal. Not sure when the Fremont was completed with the fridges.

4. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one we had at the Cal didn't work so well, last week, call down and got a new one right away.:thumbsup: Had a fridge at MSS in Jan. worked great. will post a TR tomorrow. Boyds props rock.

5. mesavormoruin

mesavormoruin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent! I'm leaving Sunday and trying to get the tips I've collected in order. Didn't someone mention that we could request a coffeemaker for our room at the MSS? Any guidance is appreciated!

6. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Joe, I see you have a countdown timer for 37 days...how long will you be there? I'm rolling into MSS on the 23rd. Love to say hi if you're still there :beer:

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We leave the morning of the 24th. We'll be out of the hotel by noon on the 24th.

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes ... when you check in at the front desk, just ask if you could have one of the single cup coffee-makers sent up to your room. They will usually then ask you if you want regular or de-caf, and they will call it in ... but you must be in your room when they bring it up. With the coffee-maker, you will also get a basket with several coffee pouches, and powdered cream & sugar packs, and cups. I always have a tip ready for the delivery person. :thumbsup:

9. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad I'll miss you Joe. I'm coming in on the 27th.

Thanks for the info in your earlier PMs to me. Good luck in Vegas!

10. mesavormoruin

mesavormoruin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yay! That is one of the best bonuses for me when it comes to MSS. I HAVE to have a cup of coffee as I get ready. Though, I'll bring some of the individual liquid creamers. I dislike powdered creamers with a fiery passion.:nono:

I'll make sure to have a tip ready - anyone bringing me coffee get major props LOL. Thanks so much, Buddha!

11. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know,just hate to run downstairs at the bar-----do they replenish the coffee every day?-----can you call every day for more or ask the maid?

12. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The basket they bring in usually has about 8 coffee packets. I don't think the maids have those on their cart ... you have to call housekeeping and request more if you run out ... but you must be in your room when they bring it.

13. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems to me that I've almost always had a fridge at MSS over years. Not sure if I ever had one that kept anything colder than the ambient temp in the room but still....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.