1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question on CET website

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by critchtc21, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went ahead and booked a room at Flamingo just in case rates keep going up. But I am hoping to find a lower rate. But when I go back on their website it wont let me see rates. It says you already have a reservation for these dates. How can I see the rates?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to use the rate calendar instead of doing a reservation search on your nights.

It looks like they've messed with the site design today, so its a bit tougher to find that normal. When you are doing your search, choose all vegas hotels, and then tell it to do the calendar instead of exact dates.

3. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I see what you mean. But when I just bring up the rate calendar, the rates are higher than when I would have used an offer then looked on calender. So when I click on the offer for May, it no longer allows me to look at the calendar with the offer since I have already booked a room.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. My calendar rates (when logged into the site) always matched or bettered my offers.

If you see an offer and want to know what it would be for your dates, you might have to call the reservations line to find out the rate.

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine comes up for May. Just make sure you're logged in to your acct., then click all the Las Vegas hotels where it says "shopping tools", then when that comes up put 5/1 and it will show the entire month of May. After you put the month of May in you have to click "update".
    I never use "My Offers", just use the calender rate. I know my calender rate up until March 2014.

6. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine comes up for May when I get the calendar but the rates are much worse than the offer I booked. The site is kinda screwed up. I have 3 offers for May. All at different rates.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My calendar does NOT show the offer rates and have the same issue as the OP.

What I did was get a base line. I looked at the prices in the calendar as a base line (realizing that my prices are different on the offer). But if that base line goes down, I call in and ask to check the rates as likely my rates have gone down also.

I was booked in for Bally's at $435 (booked on Feb 27) and have since called in 3 times and had the rates adjusted - I'm now going to be paying $230 for Thur-Monday or Memorial weekend.

8. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think this will be what I have to do. However, I called in and my rates were also much higher when calling. The guy on the phone said to probably go with the rates I had online. Doesnt make much sense as I had the offer sitting right in front of me and could tell him the offer code.

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't put "offer" rates. You bypass all that. After you log into your acct., you have to click "shopping tools" and put all Vegas hotels which brings up all the hotels. Then you just put "May 1st" and then click "update". The entire month comes up and you can compare NOBU all the way down to The Quad.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They know how to check the calendar rates.

They are saying that for them they often get offer rates that are better, so they want to check them, too.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is assumed, but I will remind others, when checking rate calendar, make sure you are logged in.

12. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been following the "base rates" for me without an offer. The way I do this is I log into Total Rewards. I go to calendar and just see what the price is for me without the offers which is still much lower then normal rates. So this is how I have been following what I call my base rate. The reason I had to do this is what I was talking about earlier. I could not go back onto the same dates since I had already booked a place for those dates with the best of the three offers I had for May.

Anyway, I see that my "base rates" went down today. So I cancelled my reservation. Now I want to go back and look on that same offer I booked on for May which was the best. It still wont let me, it says I have already used offer. You think this is just going to take a few minutes for everything to process and showing I no longer have a reservation with that offer? I does it mean I used that offer up and can no longer use it?

13. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nevermind I answered my own question. It just took a few minutes to process.
    My rates Just went from $120 dollars for five nights to $10 dollars for five nights. All in the matter of a day. So I am now rebooking at this price. Doubt it will get much better. These rates are not counting taxes and fees.

But you can see the troubles I am talking about when navigating their site I think.

14. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd give them a call and try to get it sorted that way. If the system is set up to only let you use an offer code once, it may not register that the previous booking was canceled.

Over the phone they should be able to sort it out.

And FYI, I would never cancel online just on seeing the rates lower. Leaves a chance that something happens after you cancel and you lose the first booking. Call and do it all as one "transaction" so you are assured the better rate before scrapping the old one.

15. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Cancelling is the only way I can go back and see the offer's rates. When I call the rates are not good at all for some reason. Anyways, it worked out because I cancelled and once I got back in to look at that same offer it went from 120 to 10 dollars for those 5 nights.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.