1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's Petite Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Gaggles, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are these Petite Suites any good?

Currently have a Go room comped from May 30-June 3 and saw this was available. I am not even a big fan of those tiny little Go rooms but for now pool is a big thing so the place must have a nice pool. Looked at pics and I was not enamored with what I saw. We would be using the Mirage pool if we did book it. I know it's still early and somehow I think I will wind up at Caesars but might be nice to stay someplace else for bday.

Pics or opinions please....

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  2. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is the same as the deluxe room there but a little bitter. I believe it had some extra room with a couch in it. The bathroom is the same size as the deluxe. The Go room at flamingo is a much better room in my opinion.

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously? You think the GO rooms are small? I have always been very comfortable in the room size. Not as big as Ballys but still a nice size. Even when I have been offered one of the top 2 floors for a small additional charge I haven't bothered as it's only 2 more feet of floor space.

I have a trip next month split 4 Go, 2 Mirage Suite (myVegas) & 1 in the Petite Suite. So I will find out the comparison then.

Easter again..:
  5. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gaggles, I have stayed in these twice before. Not as nice as the Executive suites but decent for Harrahs. I would put this room above a ballys north tower room, but
    slightly below a PHo Mountain Room. Size wise its bigger than the Flamingo, Paris, and PHo standard rooms. I would take it over a Flamingo Go Room, but not over a Pho Mountain Room or higher. Here is a video of the room from Photobucket.

http://s1115.beta.photobucket.com/user/SinatraMartinDavis/media/MOV00075.mp4.html

6. acoluzzi

acoluzzi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These have sofa beds right?

7. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes in addition to the standard king, the couch has a pull out sofa bed, at least they did last time I stayed.

8. acoluzzi

acoluzzi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

9. LOCommish

LOCommish Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're really not much more than a regular room w/ a pull out. Not bad, but not great, either. Stayed in one in December (although we'd reserved an actual suite) and found it very dated. Also had problems w/ the keycard and had to change rooms mid-stay. At least the Go rooms are relatively modern.

10. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad really. Much better than the regular rooms. Has free WiFi in these rooms too if you are interested.

11. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that must be a redecorated petite suite--as I have stayed in them many times but they did not look like that---very nice looking.
    I have always enjoyed the petite suite for the extra room and would stay in one anytime

12. acoluzzi

acoluzzi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks like a great room. I wonder what the cost is to upgrade at check in :beer:

13. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

No idea. I reserved a Premium Room because I wanted a flat screen TV. I arrived late around 11 pm since I was coming/flying straight from work. Because there were no Premium Rooms available they just upgraded me to this suite which was unexpected. This was around June of 2012 non-peak season. Plus this is during the week and not on the weekend.

I think that is the trick. Is to arrive late. This is also what happened at the Showboat in AC this week. I went straight there from work and arrived at around 9 pm or so. Again the room originally reserved was not available so I was again upgraded to a better room. Not a suite though.

And the cost to upgrade was $0 for both. I think it helps if you are a Total Rewards member? Don't know. Or maybe it is up to the person at the front desk checking you in maybe.

14. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay. Not sure how this is gonna turn out but it's booked for a trip in July that gf and I just booked about 20 minutes ago. We will simply use the pool at Mirage and gain access with Mlife Platinum card.

Currently going with this vs Go Room, Ballys North Tower, and PHO Resort room. Now I know those of you that have had a Resort Room may be saying what!!! But...PHO pool is brutal although I am quite fond of the huge bathrooms.

Caesars Augustus going for comp/79/79 so I may just wind up there but for now going with Petite Suite based on pics posted here that looks like they have updated the rooms a touch.

Will we end up staying with this......I am unsure.....???

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  15. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe those pics might be for the executive suite.
    The petite suites do not have a tub like that, just a stadard bathroom.

Anniversary Trip
  16. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

Don't you have a host associated with you? CET hosts are generally worthless for low level players, but one thing they are good at is upgrading rooms. I'm in the habit of booking the best available room online at the hotel I want to stay at, then shooting an e-mail to my host asking for an upgrade. I always end up in a room much better than what the website will offer. At your level, you can easily get into some of their mid-level suites this way.

17. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband was happy with the room they gave us at our slot tournament at Harrah's last month. Perfect view from our bed.

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

18. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy:Very nice--but it looks like you got an executive suite as it has the seperate bedroom and the petite suites don't

19. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe, they did not tell me what it was called.

20. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The picture above is the super secret M suites. You can not book them thru Harrahs normal reservation engine. I have only heard about getting these thru a host, an accidental upgrade, or group sales. These were 7 star and above only accomodations. For the record here are grade of suites at Harrahs Las Vegas.

Presidental Suite - Never seen but heard about it.

M Suites - These are newest remodeled suites, Super nice. Never been able to score one even on a slow weeknight with a big tip offered.

Deluxe Executive - Can be booked, have gotten comped at diamond level thru host / marketing rep. Living room / seperate bedroom - These are in Carnival Tower and have Jacuzzi tubs.

Classic Executive - These are older non remodeled versions of deluxe, some in Marti Gras Tower and some in Carnival. Some have Jacuzzi Tubs.

Petite Suite - One room, but large in size. Slightly nicer bath and room furnishings. Sleeper Sofa. I stayed in one with a dry bar / fridge area.

Mini Suite - This is just basically a bigger standard room, that has been remodeled, and has TV in bath area. Its just a bigger version of the premium room/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.