1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas How long will this last?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Snowbelle3, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I asking the taboo question here?

How long do you think myvegas will exist? The terms and conditions says they can terminate at any time without notice. The possibility of that is a tad horrifying. What a gigantic waste of time that would have been.

2. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it lasted about 45 minutes. I couldnt take the innane games and pop ups and blah. I have no idea how people spend so much time on that site. It is brutally boring to me.

3. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Very well said I lasted 15minutes..:beer:

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder the same thing sco. I spend my days playing games on FB anyway, so adding myVegas was not an inconvenience. We only go once a year to Vegas and so I am trying to get the most out of this coming trip. I will guess there is a 30% chance my 2014 trip will include myVegas rewards. Not because I will not continue to play but I do believe it will bust...or charge to play. What concerns me is the bad reports I have heard of those trying to get their rewards once in Vegas. I have heard some horror stories...BUT I fully understand that when things go well..no one says anything, they only talk about it when they are unhappy. For this upcoming trip, my only concern is my 4 nights free at Mirage...as far as trouble with a meal/show/attraction, it would not be the end of the world.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made sure to redeem as quick as I could for my last trip because I was wondering something similar.

I'm still not totally sure how I feel on the subject. On the one hand, there is a fair amount of advertising it at MGM, and new rewards still being added, so its not like they are scrapping it tomorrow and saying it was all some big mistake.

On the other hand, they are still hand writing the food comps at player rewards desks. Now this could just be written off as MGM IT people sucking, but the point being they don't have a lot of infrastructure built around the game, which might make you think they view it as temporary.

6. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it will last as long as it continues to draw new customers to Vegas.
    I doubt it was ever intended to be utilized by frequent Vegas visitors. It looks like the program has already been changed as the rewards were being taken advantage of by a group of people.
    Personally, I give it to the end of 2013.

7. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They seem to be fairly invested in it. I don't think that MyVegas will go away. But I bet you anything the reward rates will increase considerably over time.

8. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't seem to earn any points no matter how long I play. Regardless, MGM Resorts certainly spends more development dollars on MyVegas than they do on Mlife. They should allocate some of the MyVegas development dollars to Mlife.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ?????

Well, not really, because they don't develop the game. They certainly have a partnership, and spend on providing rewards as well as advertising for the game. But its not developed in house.

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it would ga away soon too for the simple fact that it could be called internet gambling because you can buy chips. You know some do gooder wont like that and will sue to make them stop.

Either this or one day we will all get an email explaining their all new and exciting revamp of the system. I used to do something similar to this on a radio station. you would log in a few times per day and build up points. I got the email about the all new and exciting updates which really meant that what was once 10k points was now 100k points plus you could use your points at auctions for prizes.

Of course these get snatched up by the people with millions of points so the regular joe gets nothing.. Thats why i stopped playing it.

I predict the same thing will happen with this soon enough. its their way of trimming down the prizes they give out and getting rid of the low hanging fruit.

11. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I cashed in for the Border Grill brunch at Mandalay Bay last November, the guy at the MLife desk was very familiar with the MyVegas program and had been training other personnel on it. He seemed to think it would be around for quite some time. Based on the advertising they're doing (billboards), I'd have to agree. I've got trips planned for May and November and I feel confident I'll be able to use some rewards on both trips. Good Luck to everyone!

- Linda in TX

12. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It lasted about a 6 weeks for me. I got a free room, free 75$ food credit, and free front row Carrot Top tickets. I cant complain, but no way in heck would I do it again. It just consumes your life for the time you are playing it!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.