1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards Credit Card

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Username, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A month or so ago we got a letter saying that Bank of America was ending it's relationship with Total Rewards Credit Card......now yesterday we get in the mail a letter telling us it's accepted at over 1 million locations, etc........

So what's going on with this card.....is it end or NOT ? ! ? ! ?

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The relationship between B of A and Caesars will end as of 4/1.
    However I believe the bank is converting the TR card to their own reward program.
    I understand the plan is to roll out a new partnership with another financial institution but they can't do it until after the current arrangement expires.

Anniversary Trip
  3. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand that part..........HOWEVER, this has TOTAL REWARDS letter head on the top of the page...so it's confusing to me.

4. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's confusing about it? It's not April 1st yet.

5. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be in less then 5 weeks...

WHY would they send me a letter with TOTAL REWARDS written all over it AND Bank of America telling me all the GREAT benefits it has when I have had this card already for 2 years and less then 2 months ago they said it was being discontinued starting April 1st...........that's the confusing part......DUH

6. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First of all, settle down. No need for the attitude.

Second, it may just be a form letter that is automatically sent out to all holders. Because they are in a contract with BofA, they probably can't yet reveal what the plan is after April 1.

I have heard from a few sources that they will continue the card but with a different financial institution.

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not having seen the letter, but those types of letters are usually from the issuing bank and not the company it is branded with. BOA is probably trying to burn thru any excess Total Rewards points they have in surplus then present you with the new branded card in another month or so after you're used to using it.

Just a guess, but it is odd.

8. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES...you're correct......but tell that to the one who make that accusation in the first place....I was only responding to another's post.......:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.