1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Air - Pre-Select Seats?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DonnyC, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at flying with Allegiant Air, there are 2 of us (myself and brother).

Has anybody not paid for preselected seats? Did you still end up sitting with the person you were traveling with?

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A guy who works for me took Allegiant to Vegas from Colorado Springs for the superbowl. He didn't pay any of the extras. He got seated with his party in both directions.

3. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be fine if you purchase the tickets together. If you buy them seperately try to arrive at check in before all the seats are taken. Allegiant will nickle and dime you to death. They are well known for this.. I usually decline all the extras except what I absolutely need.

4. Johnsmith

Johnsmith Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Traveled with them 6 times and have never gotten the extras and always sat with the people i traveled with. We even got a full row to ourselves.

Nothing beats Round trips to vegas at $166 with a carry on bag included. :thumbsup:

5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did this with a buddy 3 weeks ago. Neither of us pre-purchased our seats and we both paid for them months apart.

We both went up to the ticket counter and said we were travelling together and asked if it was ok if we sat together. Both the flight there, and the flight back outta LAS we sat together without any problems or extra payment.

6. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to vegas 7 times with Allegiant. Never paid for seating arrangements, always sat with the person I was traveling with.

As long as you're together at check in it shouldn't be an issue.

And don't pay for priority boarding either, unless you need to be on the plane first...

Also they will try to sell you on the shuttle service, they always claim cab lines can be up to 2 hours at the airport, I've never waited more than 10 minutes.

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Bear in mind that Allegiant now has online check-in 24 hours in advance. There is no fee for this and it virtually guarantees your seats will be together, provided they were originally booked at the same time.
    If you are not checking luggage, you don't even have to stop at check-in. Print your boarding pass at home and proceed directly to security.

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must be the only unlucky one with Allegiant. Last Oct I bought my flight, then my brother decided 3 weeks later he was gonna go and bought his ticket. We showed up at check in together and asked to be seated together and the guy said he can no longer pick seats for people and that the computer randomly chooses seats now. Same thing on the way back. We ended up about 5-8 rows apart on both flights.

Normally I don't give a shit where I sit and won't pay the extra to pick my seat, but my buddy convinced me otherwise yesterday. Since our flight gets in late, around 10:30PM, we wanted to get off the plane as quickly as possible and hit the town. So I paid $19 for row 5 and with only a check on we should be off the plane and in the cab line within minutes.

9. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually they'll offer me the rear exit row because I'm 6'4" if it's open.

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else experience that?

11. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does it guarantee our seats together?

How would I go about online check-in for the flight home?

Is it an easy process?

12. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Technically, it doesn't guarantee your seats together. I spoke out of turn.

For your flight home, follow the same process you used for the flight out.

It is quite easy. Go to Allegiant's home page and click on the spot that says "check-in". Provide your confirmation number and the remainign prompts are self-explanatory.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.