1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Snacks?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by MTMONGO, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we are going to do a Mexi spread this year. Its our turn to host the big game, should be about 15 to 20 people. What's everyone else having?

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good.

We're going to take the bikes up to SLO and ride down to Avila Beach, have some lunch then ride back. Then we're going to hit four or five wineries on the way back and pick up our quarterly shipments. Probably have dinner at Sides or Full of Life Flatbread.

BTW, screw the No Fun League. It's the Super Bowl.

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken, I love Avila Beach. One of my favorite places to go when I visit the parents. :)

I'm not sure what we're doing for Super Bowl. I mean, I know we are home and watching, but not sure what I'm making. I was thinking taquitos with guac and salsa, but not sure what else I should do. I'll be watching for ideas in your thread.

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the store for chicken wings today but they wre about twice the price as they usually are so i bought drumsticks instead. I make them just like giant wings. they still arent as good but thats ok.

Check out these hilarious old 1974 weight watchers recipe cards. They have come a long way since then.

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't watch football, all the commercials will be online, and I'm on a diet, so nothing different on Sunday. Think I'm roasting pork loin...

But a blog I love posted 105 Super Bowl recipes I admit many of them look really good to me and I don't think it's *just* the diet talking:ssst:

6. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turkey Chili for me (watching the waist line getting ready for spring :evillaugh)

7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually this year the party is small and we are broiling some nice Lobster Tails I got from Sam's Club.....

But for a GOOD and HEALTHY snack.......I smoke up some fish...Whitefish is the best...but any mild fish will do....chop it up like you would for a tuna fish sandwich but use Ranch dressing instead of mayo......and some fine chopped onion and or celery into the fish spread....place a small bowl of that on a plate surrounded with crackers, chopped tomatoes, more onion, cut olives, jalapeno peppers and whatever else you like.....got this idea from times spent in Key West, Florida as almost every place down there have their own "FISH DIP".....at first people are a little hesitant when you tell them it's a "Fish Dip" but they just keep digging in..

8. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:

I'm surprised how many people online refer to it in obscure ways, instead of just calling it the Super Bowl. Guess their legal team deserves kudos for the grief they give anyone that tries to use the name for commercial purposes.

9. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely watching the game at a friends place. Making "Moink Balls". Wrap a meat ball with bacon and secure with toothpick. Cook on the grill until bacon is crispy. Dip in your favorite BBQ sauce at the end. They will disappear.

10. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first Super Bowl party I went to with my (now) husband, I brought rice krispy treats. He made fun of me for bringing "Kindergarten" food. But they were one of the first plates emptied!!!! (and no, he has never made fun of my food choices again....)

Never underestimate the appeal of simplicity and nostalgia.

Bacon is good too:evillaugh:peace:

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I like the "American Professional Football Championship." The only thing "Super" is the super-sized hype. lol Maybe that should be outlawed like mega-Pepsis from the convenience store.

Hmmm, some of our wine/golf buds have decided to have a little soiree, so it looks like we'll be part of the consuming mass. Might have to alter our plans for the weekend. And now off to the cookbooks ...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  12. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past Sunday, Parade Magizine (in the Sunday paper. for folks who've never had a newspaper delivered - many Sunday papers have a magazine included, Prade Magazine.) had some Emeril receipes. I may try a couple of them. Gumbo or wings or both.

later, GVJ

13. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kiolbasa Sausage, Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers and Zucchini, tortillas and guacamole!

14. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, but I don't get the appeal of those. I find them to be tasteless.

15. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree but they are very popular.

16. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My oatmeal cookies are much better!

17. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never liked oatmeal cookies:peace: Esp not with raisins. Ick.

I don't have a bit sweet tooth so we rarely have desserts. But rice krispy treats are a favorite from childhood, though I do prefer peanut butter rice krispy treats topped with chocolate as an adult:thumbsup:

Still not watching football tomorrow:ssst:

18. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get a kick out of some people when they say they don't watch the Super Bowl or Football but stay up all night and party to watch a stupid ball DROP at midnight.....The SUPER BOWL is much more fun to watch... :)

19. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eh, don't care about a party or the ball on NYE, though I do usually (try) to stay awake until midnight......There's something for everything.

But I *really* don't like football ;-)

20. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only a handful at my place today so no need to go with a full spread. Good ol Costco pizza and dry ribs. Fruit tray and chips. For dessert, I've been saving a jar of Cracker Barrel fried apples to go with some ice cream.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.