1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier Air now in Jersey

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See a lot of people talk about them on here.They now fly out of Trenton/Princeton Airport(small) to the South and Midwest .That location is roughly about an hour and a half from AC by car. Public Trans. I'm not really sure,but I'm sure it's available.

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The current Frontier is the older (not oldest) Frontier merged with Midwest Express. I've flown with them many times to Las Vegas. Sometimes they will beat Southwest on price.

3. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frontier is leaving my market as of May 31. I have 800 dollars worth of "credits" with them that I need to use up! I see many quick Vegas runs in my future between now and May 31st! :evillaugh

I'm sad to see them leave. They are a good SW alternative, and they had some competition going on, and they decided to wave the white flag to SW.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up. My younger cousin is at Princeton so this is very helpful news.

5. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea Midwest was huge in Milwaukee then they merged with Frontier and just gave up going against Southwest and left milwaukee

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, they downgraded OMA from a hub to a "focus city".

The old Midwest was super! Best flight from OMA to LAX. The planes were always 2 seats abreast. Lots of room for a longer flight.

Frontier isn't really that bad. Sometimes they do beat Southwest on fare, but they don't have direct OMA-LAS service. That route runs thru DEN, which can be kind of iffy in the winter!

7. ck2124

ck2124 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We also fly out of Dayton and are sad to see them go as of May 31. Besides having great flight times to and from Las Vegas we use them to fly to Denver to visit our son in Vail. Looks like from now on it will be United or Southwest. The bad thing about Southwest is that the only Las Vegas to Dayton flight is 6:20 am. We had a flight home that early once and said never again.

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JG, thanks for the heads up, Frontier will be flying direct from Mercer Co. Airport, they have some nice introductory fares like $69 to Florida and $29 to Detroit, $49 to Chicago and free parking. I like free. I hope Frontier makes a go of this venture, several airlines tried and failed at Mercer County.

As for transportation from the airport, the State of NJ website suggests that passengers take a taxi to the Trenton Train station. You could catch a SEPTA regional train into Philly for about $8 and then take the NJ Transit train to Atlantic City for $10. Or, rent a car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.