1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tax Refund Cashing Freeplay Offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BeeeJay, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just throwing the ole numbers into Turbo Tax and looking like a significant refund coming this year. I recall a few years ago Venetian/Palazzo had an incredible offer for cashing tax refund checks, offering as much as $2,500 in free play for a $10,000+ refund, and somewhat lower percentages for smaller refunds.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of any similar offers that may be coming for 2012 tax refunds. It might be worth me waiting foregoing direct deposit and waiting til my next trip.

2. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone did a thread on this last year. Advantage Player was tracking these once
    tax season kicked off, and will probally have updates soon.

http://www.advantageplayer.com/lasvegas/index.html

I also think the Check N Go off Spring Mountain will be offering two for one coupons to The Naked Subshop for each Tax Check cashed, so if you don't get the free play, you always have that going for you. :evillaugh

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you be a Canadian for this?

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be wet blanket...but you should always try for a zero sum on that refund. Don't give Uncle Sam an interest free loan for a year.

Done preaching.

5. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm totally fine giving up the $1. 58 of annual interest on my $4,500 refund for even a sniff of a 5% freeplay bonus. (based on .07% money market account and that is if my income was equally pro-rated throughout the year).

I did succeed in getting a $7 net tax due combining fed/state for 2011. 2012 I couldn't adjust my W-4 fast enough once the big tips started coming in during LobsterFest.

6. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    funny that is the website I stumbled across that made me think of this again. I should fly out to Vegas and dark side you and Huddler on the Golden Gate craps table during the Super Bowl for pulling the circular reference on me!:poke:

7. Wildride098

Wildride098 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only ongoing promotion that I am aware of similar to that is at the El Cortez.

This is from their website.

"Cash any Tax Return, Government Check, or Payroll check from any Clark County Gaming property and receive 5% of your check in free play, up to $50"

8. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah there doesn't seem to be much out there. that Venetian/Palazzo deal in 2009/2010 was incredible. It was a sliding scale, I believe starting at 5% and moving up to 25% for refunds $10,000 or over. So you could actually get 2,500 in promo chips I believe it was.

I hadn't even considered the fact it could be ANY tax refund check. I have to file in a few states. Could always make a big 4th quarter overpayment. Man it would be sweet to roll in there with 4 different $10,000 checks and get $10k in promo chips.

Of course 3 hrs later after losing $50k it would sting quite a bit.:evillaugh

9. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like AP site has the promo info up.

http://www.advantageplayer.com/lasvegas/promotions/paycheckbonuses.shtml

Cannery is the only one showing a promotion at leave via the AP site.

10. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.