1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TSA Stole My Chocolates

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by AliGee, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $50 + worth, out of my checked luggage coming out of Las Vegas! :grrr: It could have been any of the baggage handlers behind the scenes, but TSA has the easiest access. They were meant as gifts for some co-workers. Hope the thieving bastard who lifted them chokes on them. Anyone else had stuff taken?

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forrest Gump, TSA Supervisor.

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worry about stuff getting stolen from my luggage

A friend of mind had her jewelry stolen. It wasn't expensive jewelry but still
    she treasured her fashion jewelry.
    Paris Hilton had an expensive watch stolen by the TSA security as she was passing through security. Lucky someone saw it happen and it was reported and returned to her.

I have to carry-on the plane my jewelry, meds, and expensive cashmere sweater and other items that I wouldn't want to be stolen from my open luggage. Having to carry all that stuff is so bothersome for me but I can't risk losing things that I need to have.
    If only I could put a large lock on my luggage... but my next fear would be
    getting my luggage stolen. Nervous Nelly is my nick-name.

I am so sorry your gift candies got stolen. I hope you reported it. They might have a video of who stole them.
    If the candies were wrapped in gold or silver paper that could have been a reason to take it but I think they are supposed to put a note in your luggage.

Thank you for informing us of your lose because it will make me more aware of not packing important things in my luggage.
    I will still have to suffer having to carry all of my important things with me through security. Lucy

4. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you call your hotel to see if housekeeping may have found them?

I do not doubt your chocolates didn't make it home, but really think there are much nicer things to lift from checked baggage than candy.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a slot machine stole all my money.

I put it in and kept pushing buttons but nothing ever came out.

6. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about your chocolates but this was funny!!! :kill:

7. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The candies

Maybe security thought they were MaryJane candies and took them out of your luggage. Then they tested them and said, "OPPS".
    Some of the TSA security people don't have a heart. They can be sooo mean
    when they want to be.

I once bought jelly bean candies for my grandson at the Vegas airport.
    One of the security men put his dirty hand in the bag of candies until
    a co-worker told him to stop it. He was just moving them around the tiny bag. I wish I had thrown them away and bought my grandson fresh candies.
    I regret not saying something to him about his dirty hands and not necessary to check a kid's see-through plastic candy bag.

I recently had a plastic container taken away from me in front of my face
    at the Vegas airport. I had left a little bit of water in the container. I asked if
    I could drink the water but the security woman said "NO". She said she was going to keep the container. My sad eyes looked at my favorite container and had to leave it behind. That woman didn't care how much that container mean't to me. I can't find another one just like it to buy.
    My water container name was "Rosebud". Boo....Hooo....
    Yes, it was my fault for leaving the water in the container. Lucy

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might not be the TSA

How about the airline baggage handlers?

9. lowsmith

lowsmith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am lucky enough to never have had anything taken from a bag, but I wonder if using a lock (tsa approved) helps. I usually use a luggage strap with a tsa approved locking mechanism. But in the case of the OP would that have helped sine the tsa can just open those (for inspections only of course)?

Thoughts?

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always use cable ties. My husband has a ton of them in his shop, various sizes & colors. They're cheap and easy to use and deter thefts of convenience. Of course they're easy to break into - but anything is if the thief is determined. And this way I'm not out a $10 "TSA-Approved" lock if so.....

Only baggage theft I've had was out of my checked duffel coming home from Tanzania. My backpack (that had been inside the duffel) was missing and some of the coffee I was bringing back was loose all over the bag when I got to baggage claim in Atlanta before heading to customs....

It happens. Everywhere, all the time.

11. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always use the nylon cable ties. Make sure you put some nail clippers somewhere outside of the bag so you can open it when you get to where you're going. I forgot my nail clippers once and had a hell of a time cutting thru the tie.

12. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use locks, never had a problem.

13. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've "lost" 3 locks so far - opened by TSA and not replaced or otherwise removed. So I'm not doing it anymore. Stopped a few years ago and the cable ties suit me just fine.:peace:

As with most things, it (usually) only takes one negative experience (be it with an airline, a hotel, a restaurant, etc) to get you to change your actions....The only reason I kept using the TSA locks is that I already had them. But I wasn't buying more......

14. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TSA = Total Sexual Assult!

Obviously I'm generalizing here but I view the TSA as a bunch of Thieving, Perverted, Pedophiles!

15. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem using them for 5 years now.

16. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

I changed my behavior because of what happened to me. I was not saying it happened to everyone nor was I even suggesting that everyone else immediately stop using TSA locks and switch to cable ties. Simply offering up what I do, and if someone is shopping for options - old or new ideas - this is a choice. :peace:

17. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not criticizing, just say'n no problems here.

18. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We haven't locked our luggage since the entire TSA thing started. No cables or straps etc. Nothing in our luggage but clothes anyway.

19. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. I don't bother locking it. If somebody wants my luggage and its contents they're gonna take it anyways. TSA went through my luggage on my way back from Vegas in November and left a note. Lucky them.... they got to play with my dirty underwear.

20. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, could have been one of them rather than TSA. I'm kind of accepting about it now, though I was pissed off when I found the chocos missing. They were labeled "chocolate caviar" so maybe the idiot who took them thought it was a huge can of real caviar and didn't see the chocolate part. Still hope they choke on it, though. The bag was labeled priority as it was one of the rare occasions I treated myself to a first class ticket, that may have made it a target. I might try the strap idea next time, though most of the time the only thing I have in luggage is my dirty clothes. Oh well, my friends got the free turn-down service chockies I scored in quantity from making friends with the Bellagio maid instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.