1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bill's Employees?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jmp6477, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmp6477

jmp6477 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering what will happen to all the employees at Bill's when they close for renovation? Will Ceasars try to absorb some into their other properties or do they just get laid off, file for unemployment, and see what happens? How about when they reopen, will they have to reapply? We know some really nice people there and wish them the best.

2. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not that I know if this has any similarities, but one of the (stated or speculated, can't remember) reasons the Sahara was closing (for a while) rather than doing a renovation while open was to clear out some of the union issues with employees.

3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they will keep their jobs although temporarily they will work at other properties. This same thing just happened with osheas while they are building the Lina.

4. Vegas Twosome

Vegas Twosome Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is my understanding current labor contract for "guest" employees, i.e. bartenders, dealers, expire in June with CZR. Girls on the floor may be under different contract, not sure. The kingpin may be housekeeping which I understand to be a separate agreement. I heard November was the expiration date. Guest employees union to hold out until they can leverage housekeeping??? Image Vegas in November, December, January, without housekeeping.

Only repeating what I have heard. However, I would hope upcoming events will provide a little comfort, leverage, and security to employees at Bills. We go for fun. "Your really nice people" not only make it enjoyable but they too have bills to pay. All the best to them.

5. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think they will be put in other properties until the upgrade is done and then be able to go back. That said it is going to be very different and many will just not fit so.............?

6. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. I am guessing they will try to place them at other properties. But when the new Bill's (or Drai's) opens up, I doubt the current employees will "fit in" with what they are aiming for--a boutique hotel.

Just try to imagine Bill's employees at the Cosmo. Not the right fit.

I hope for the best for them. They have always been super friendly during my times spent at Bill's.

7. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish the best for all of them and I hope that they are too friendly for some of the other properties.
    The craps tables at Bill's were my favorite whether I was winning or losing because of the people working there. Not a bunch of "stuffed shirts" like a few other places!

8. Drc517

Drc517 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's sad bills will be closing. Dealers are very friendly. Even if I stay somewhere else, I usually don't conclude the trip without playing at bill's though I just signed up for players club last time I was there (dealer advised me). Win or loose, I always enjoy the time chatting and BSing (one thing I don't get on other properties). Yes, fit will be an issue on employees, but I hope Cesar realize some pleople enjoy friendliness and dealers that are not-so-uptight.

9. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    D we know when the last day is?

10. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe they would bring some personality to the COSMO....at least Bill's employees are super friendly...unlike COSMO dealers who have a stick up their ass...

11. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That stick is put up their ass during training at the property. If Bill's employees were to go there, they would be properly fitted with an ass stick the first day on the job as well.

12. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Friday, November 30, 2012, Caesars Entertainment Corporation revealed that Bill's Gamblin' Hall will close on February 4, 2013 for renovation to a boutique hotel. I'll miss the last day by a couple of days, bummer.

13. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah your probably right!!

14. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear that it will close February 4th, and at least I will have one last opportunity to play there during my upcoming late January trip.

I stay at Paris but I always start my trip with a refresher craps lesson there my first morning at 10:30 and usually stay at the table for a few hours. I will really miss this place and the people!

15. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once they remove the smell at bills it wont be worth visiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.