1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wine fans/wine club members

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've always loved wine, and since moving up here it's become something more like an obsession. We've signed on with a few wine clubs ... there are just too many and we try to keep it at six at any one time.

Current renditions:

Stolpman -- notable Syrahs
    Curtis -- Rhone varietals and blends
    Ancient Peaks -- solid, affordable across the board
    Foley -- Pinot and Chard, mainly
    Liquid Farm -- Chard Chard Chard, and they even offer a "correct" version (Chablis style)
    Jalama -- solid across the board, Burgundian and Rhone.

You?

2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a fan of wine, but my palate is a bit less refined. I tend to pick up close out bottles when over in NJ, usually around $4 per bottle. I'll try anything once, twice if it tastes good, I'll go back and pick up a case when I'm in the area. I have a few bottles of Campero Carmenere, a red wine. I also like Pinot Noirs and these tend to be much more expensive, $4.50-$5 per bottle. Once picked up a liter "tetrapak" of Australian Semelion/Sauvignon Blanc, it was $3 and was pretty tasty. Went back and it was gone, so you snooze, you lose.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does box wine count?:evillaugh

4. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure where "up here" is, but Buena Vista is the oldest winery in Napa Valley and the wine is great. Their black label Pinot Noir's are nice.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way back when ('81 I'd guess), BV was the first winery I visited with regularity and where the wine bug first hit.

(Buena Vista BV, but we often hit that other BV, too.)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  7. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Private Cellars by Michael Mondavi, not for everyone but fantastic wines!

One of my favorites: CAPAFONS OSSO MAS DE MASOS 2004, and another but getting hard to find....Masi Mazzano Amarone Classico 2001

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is a fan of semi sweet wines, we just had Relax Riesling a German wine. Also had a Moscato in a blue bottle, darn if I can remember the name, but she liked it, I didn't ... it was $11 a bottle. :evillaugh

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a membership with Cooper's Hawk which is a local winery/restaurant chain that is expanding through the Midwest. They are just starting to be able to ship outside of Illinois. We are signed up for their fruit and sparkling wine club and usually buying extra bottles of other varieties when we pick up our order. I just adore their Romance Red!

10. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just tried Cooper's Hawk merlot last weekend when we visited our friends who moved here from Illinois. I enjoyed it, but I'm not much of a red wine drinker. My current favorite is Marc Mondavi's Divining Rod chardonnay.

Cheers!

11. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wine club member at Little Vineyards in Sonoma county. Sandwiched in between BR Cohn and Valley of the Moon. I buy wine and have it shipped to me regularly from Iron Horse Vineyards (Sonoma) and Barrel 27 in Paso Robles. The Head Honcho syrah from Barrel 27 is very good and their Bull by the Horns is great with a steak dinner. My daughter lives in Santa Rosa and I am planning a wine tasting "run" in Sonoma and Napa next April. My last "run" a couple of years ago was for 5 days; we visited 30 vineyards and sampled about 200 different wines.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.