1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just waiting for the electric to go out

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting ugly here ,wind blowing like mad,rain coming down and it's supposed to get much worse tonight.
    AC is already flooded and most of the people in my area that are anywhere near the bay or in low-lying areas are under mandatory evacuation.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck to you and be safe!

3. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not too bad here in Boston yet, suppose to get ugly soon.

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe

We're stockpiled pretty good with supplies and dont really have to go anywhere so we're pretty set.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To you and everyone in the path of the storm - be safe!!!

6. jackpot22

jackpot22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be safe.

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take it from someone who lives in Hurricane country: Don't be a hereo or a hold-out when it doesn't make good sense. Whatever is going to happen to your house won't be helped by beeing there.

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all again.

Got electric and phone restored last night,we suffered minimal wind damage so we're fine ,but the damage here is beyond my wildest dreams,thats about all I can say .

9. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear that you suffered minimal damage. All of us Floridians were praying for you guys up there!

10. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As were those of us on the other side of Hurricane alley! That's awesome that you already have phone and power. Living primitive gets old fast!

11. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You said it! Last one here left us with no power, and air conditioner over labor day weekend. Not a way you want to spend your holiday weekend or the week afterwards cleaning all of the trees and garbage out of your yard.

12. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again to you FL guys!

Every day I see more destruction of places I know well from living here my whole life ,we've had bad storms in the past but I dont remember anything quite this bad .Yesterday I rode down to the bayfront section of my town to check on a friend who lives on a lagoon .Luckily his living areas are on the second level so the only area flooded out was his garage and his boat was banged around but survived. It's one big sea of mud and damage in that area ,my buddy,true to his nature was laughing and glad to see me with a bag of ice for him so they can have their scotches on the rocks.
    The police still wouldnt let me ride down to where the baitshop I used to work at is ,the only good thing is my buddy pulled out of there this season beacause the bank was foreclosing on the whole marina. I'd be surprised to see if it's still there ,it's the bank's problem now.God bless the rest of the people who lost everything ,homes businesses ,jobs and some even their lives

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.