1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

airfare ugh, again!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by captainron62, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was checking airfare last month for my Feb trip. SWA was showing $145 out and $145 back from Columbus Oh. I was lazy and didnt think it would change this far out, well I was WRONG! I went to book monday and its up to $210 each way!! It has not dropped all week, I am so mad at myself. I am always the one preaching when you see a low fare jump on it and I didnt take my own advice!!

2. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arent you heading to the playboy mansion?

Stop crying!! If I were you, I would be totally disfunctional all this month also.Whats to stop the fare from going back down again?

3. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least there are SOME times when your fares are low....SWA from Tampa has been stuck at $400+/rt for years now.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feb is so long from now, there's plenty of time for the fares to change. 6-8 weeks out is ideal.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hang in there; I'd be surprised if fares didn't fall back a couple times between now and then. I sure know what you mean though; I go through the same hesitation and regret many times myself. In fact, I'm now going half nuts trying to plan December's trip.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter and Turtleman, I think you guys are both correct, the fares will prob drop again in Nov. Its still amazing, since the rooms are COMP, the airfare is the only thing I have to haggle over. Its silly, considering what I spend while in LV that I worry about $100 in airfare, but I do!!

7. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why I plan my trips 6 months in advance. I have never paid more then $100 each way. Right now if I booked it would be $170 each way. If you fly at least once a year it makes no sense not to book early because even if price drops they will offer you credit towards next flight and it'll carry over for up to 1 year from date of purchase. Since we go every 6 months I use this credit without a problem.

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, Delta (and most other airlines) don't offer credits if the fare drops, and their change fees are often higher than the savings would be. (I just moved my outgoing flight for this month back a day, but without charge on my award ticket.)

Yep, it's probably silly worrying about less than catastrophic fare changes, but that's just human nature – or at least my nature. You ought to see us trying to pick the best values in the supermarket when only pennies are involved. Especially in the context of going to Vegas – it's downright nuts! :D

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's totally nuts. I booked the lowest fare ever from BOS - $121 each way. I don't even care if I end up going or not, just snagging the outlier fare is reward enough, lol.

10. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you checked Dayton? SWA just started flying from there. Maybe they will have a sale to compete with Frontier. I'm not a big Southwest fan, so I have no idea on prices but it might be worth a look-see.

11. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past few years SWA has done a fall sale in mid October that will probably meet your needs. Usually a blub is posted on here by someone as soon as it is announced. Its not quite as good as the Summer Sale, but it is a nice sale nonetheless. Hopefully they will continue the tradition this month. If so, you should be able to get a much better deal. Keep an eye out! :thumbsup:

USBC Nationals
  12. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you!!

13. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $400 to $525 is normal anymore for me from Ohio...I usually just book a fare that I get my upgrades on..the day's of $175 round trip are over at least from Ohio.

14. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ron....

Same thing happened to me... before last week out of CAK, it was 145.00 out to Vegas for the time we needed. Finally decided we were going to do this Winter trip, went to book last monday, it was up to 240.00 out and 320.00 back (was 240.00 back)... Thank god I have some time to watch and wait, but I pray it comes back down soon. I knew I should have just BOUGHT.. I dont know what I was thinking. When looking at my last year booking, I bought on Oct 7 and rebought in the middle of Oct for a better fare. So I'm hoping the same happens this year. Like someone else said Fall Sale, should be coming up soon....

On a side note, We had a great time in your city of Columbus this weekend! We fell in LOVE with North Market, had a great time! Stopped in at Scioto Downs, since we had some free time Friday morning. NICE place, even without table games. We played a bit of the slots (lost of course!) but they really did a nice job on the place, considering the other locations, the same company owns! Wished we could have stayed an extra day to hit Hollywood today, but we will be back soon to check it out! Thanks again for the recs a month ago when I asked!

Kelli

15. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is great!! glad you enjoyed the C-bus!! The North Market is a little hidden gem, I still sometimes overlook it myself!!

Hollywood is the talk of the town today, I have a good friend that is one of the head cocktail waitresses there, she starts her shift at 330, she promised to give me a full report when she gets home tonight! I will pass on any good info I get!

16. djcoach

djcoach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats not entirely true. I booked my trip for october in may and got my tickets for me and the wife 249 rt. However i live within and hour and half from pittsburgh and thats where i flew out of, but the same flight out of cleveland was only 301 at the same time. So i guess i sucked it up for $50 which is crazy now that i think about it :faint:

17. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked at $367.RT with separate Conformation #'s from NH to LV in september. There was a drop in flights to LV and I rebooked twice saving $67. So my current price is just about $300. Today that flight witht the same times is over $550. I still check several times a day tho, some sales last just hours. I think that the days when there were predictable network wide fare sales are gone.

Jimbo338

18. happycamper1299

happycamper1299 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The air prices are all over the place right now

19. Emerald

Emerald Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest has a sale that started today for 40 percent off. I book RT out of Milwaukee to Vegas for a total 257.70. But this is for November travel dates which what I wias looking for.

20. wroberson

wroberson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister and I picked up Air from Spirit air out of O'Hare at $229 for a March trip in July. That's round trip. We're leaving Wednesday and fly back Tuesday. She wanted the weekend.

If you can, fly in and out Tuesday's Wednesdays and Thursdays for lowest fares. It's been that way for like ever. If you go out on a Thursday, you can still have a weekend in Vegas.

Good Luck. Hope you find a lower price unless you've already purchased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.