1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How about Wynn Comps? A tale from a low(?) roller...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BnV226, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With all the comp bashing (not commenting, just observing) lately I'd like to share a positive story about Wynn.
    I only go to Vegas two-three times a year with a 3-day budget shared between the wife and I of about $1800-$2000 total. We play strictly slots. I'm not sure what level player this makes us but we get what I consider pretty decent offers from the Wynn.
    We don't get much (if anything when we check-out) but upfront our latest offer was 3 nts (sun-thurs) & $300 FP. Our host was able to comp a sat nt upfront along with 2 nts (sun & mon).
    If Wynn rooms avg between 200-300 a night (over presidents week FEB), then I'm looking at $900 to $1200 upfront value (incl FP). That means a loss (assuming we go for broke) of $600-$800 over three nights (not incld FP earned from playing over the 3 days, prob around $50-$100). I know the rooms aren't worth $2-$3 hundred a night (to some), but if I wanted to book my stay right now on orbitz, then that's what I'd pay.
    This seems like a great deal for a low level player at a high-end resort.
    Hope this gives hope to other low (mid?) rollers on their quest to find fair comps.:peace:
    PS - my trips split between Wynn and Mlife where Bellagio offers me about the same (3 nts, $200 FP and $100 F&B -they wouldn't give me the sat night though - but to be fair, I dealt with VIP marketing, not a host)

2. magic_man12

magic_man12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Thats pretty sweet.
    I might need to spend some time playing slots over there in November! :)

3. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This August Mrs. Flusher and the Motherflusher were at Wynn for one evening. They couldn't find a card for Mrs. F so she got signed up for a new account. She played enough to earn 2 buffets playing 50cent VP - maybe 2 and a half hours worth, and broke even.

She just received the same offer - 3 nights (sun-thu) and $300 Freecredit.

Anyone know if Freecredit can be used on video poker there? how restricted are the choices of machines you can play it on?

4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Husband has played VP with free credit at Wynncore.
    Don't think you can use it to play machines with progressive jackpots.
    They have the same restriction with their slots.

5. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem using free play on VP, just no progressive machines.
    I used this promo last year. Wynn free play is like MGM, TI, etc.

You have to put money in the machine, and after each spin its reduced from your freeplay
    and added as credits back on the machine vs CET where they give you playslips or you download the credits into the slot credit meter.

6. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like a good offer for your bankroll. Take them up on it and have a great time!

7. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool offer! I would love to stay at Wynn, but no good comps so far. Can't blame 'em. We don't spend much time there.Keep meaning to just go and walk around some. Place is really beautiful. Maybe I'll go in in December and get lucky. Good luck to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.