1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spa Etiquette

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jmsvss, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you "take it off" in the community whirlpools/hot tubs/sauna or do you cover up with something. I've spent time in Japan and love the traditional Japanese baths and also in Europe where nudity isn't a big deal. What about the Vegas spas? What is the common etiquette? I've only had one Vegas spas experience but did not partake in the community hot tub/sauna areas.

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    whatever you do, dont make you own "jacuzzi".

3. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha - thank cuz, I'll keep that in mind!

4. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a long-ish thread on this a few months ago. Maybe somewhere in the March 2012 time frame? If I remember, the general consensus was do what you want, but don't be surprised if you're the only one that's sans clothing in the place. A lot of people feel more comfortable in some kind of swimsuit apparel, even in a spa in Vegas.

5. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I felt like this had to have been covered before but my search didn't reveal what I was looking for. I'll search again for that thread.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the general consensus seemed to be that most women wear a suit, most men go naked. i have rarely seen a guy in a suit in any spa i've been in and i've been in dozens. but my wife swears that almost every woman wears their suit the whole time.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go naked (I'm female) but that is unusual in America. It's not inappropriate, however.

8. nuggetboy

nuggetboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experiences have been a bit varied. When I've used the spa at the Palms, most of the young buff guys wear a suit or their underwear. When I 've used the spa at Southpoint, the old guys usually go naked. The Flamingo seems to be mixed.
    Me, I wear a bathing suit. I am too much of a germaphobe.
    I would say, just do what you feel comfortable doing.
    No set rule.

9. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow...Id thought that women are more open then that.......but as a male, id say its normal for most guys to wear just a towel. very few wear suits....I did my first few times but i learned quick how relaxing a spa can be, and there is no better felling to be completely naked in a hot tub relaxing....lol

10. Thebigmg

Thebigmg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was in the Mandalay Bay spa at the beginning of the year - was my first time without the bathing suit - it was quite early and there was only about 8 of us in there - all naked!!

Anyway this guy walks into the spa without a stitch on with his tackle basically dragging along the floor - if he had swung it round his head there would have been quite a few casualties!

You couldn't miss it - within 5 minutes the other 8 of us had all gone to find our bathing suits - so I agree with do with what you feel comfortable with but always be prepared!!!............

11. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am male, 58, not anywhere near what anyone would consider buff. I have been to almost 50 different spas and go on average once a month.

Always buck naked.

12. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :haha: OMG, thanks for the visual, that was hillarous! Reminds me of Eddie Murphy's description of "Dexter" (I think his name was) that your wife will meet on the beach in Jamaica (from "Eddie Murphy Raw").

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.