1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guns n roses residency at the Joint

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by vegasqc, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks liek Axl and the boys will be in vegas for a short while

http://www.thejointlasvegas.com/

Wednesday
    October 31, 2012
    9:00 PM

Friday
    November 2, 2012
    10:00 PM

Saturday
    November 3, 2012

Wednesday
    November 7, 2012

Friday
    November 9, 2012

Saturday
    November 10, 2012

Wednesday
    November 14, 2012

Saturday
    November 17, 2012
    10:00 Pm

Sunday
    November 18, 2012

Wednesday
    November 21, 2012

Friday
    November 23, 2012

Saturday
    November 24, 2012

2. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

THANKS but.......NO thanks.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there... sure wish it was the "real" Guns & Roses, but to me Axl's voice is really what makes their sound. Hello Studio level box seats!!!

4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's during our trip. I'm so excited. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
  5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It'll be interesting to see if GNR can fit into a corporate model. They're notorious for doing shows their own way and on their own schedule (which usually runs 1 to 2 hours behind). Frankly, I'd be surprised if the band does not throw a hissy fit after a few shows and bails. But, let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt until then.

For the record - I'd go.

Bill

6. bubbamsu

bubbamsu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no chance that Axl will play all these shows. Look at the new "Guns & Roses" track record over the last few years..... missed/cancelled shows, terrible reviews, late starts, etc... I know too many people who have seen them lately and walked away hugely disappointed. This is not G&R at all, it is Axl Rose and session players. No Slash, Izzy, or Duff. No thanks.

I think the Hard Rock should start planning the refund bonanza, because it is coming. I am sure if the sports book put odds on a full commitment by Axl it would be huge. Maybe 1000-1??? Give me a 16 seed beating a 1 in the NCAA tourney before all these shows happen.

7. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As one DJ on the radio here said yesterday when talking about this, folks will show up on October 31st for the show, Axl won't take the stage till Nov 24th. I'm shocked that the Hard Rock is taking a gamble on this.

Solo
  8. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stood and waited on them for over an hour one time in the mist and cold. I swore that would be the last time they got any of my money. If you dont have any more respect for you fans than to at least show up on time then I have no use for you!

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do recall this was a major concern of Hard Rock promoters when they signed G&R for this past New Years event. That show, though I didn't attend, was roundly praised and went off without a hitch. You're correct... their reputation is well documented. I can only speculate this contract is heavily laden with incentives and penalties. I plan to attend one of the first 2 shows, which hopefully will be before any shinanigans arrise!

10. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased a ticket for the 11/2 show.

11. markh59

markh59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will actually be in Vegas then but I've seen GNR back in the late eighties and no way am I paying to see a fat Axl and a bunch of stiffs.

12. Mango68

Mango68 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The track record is definitely a problem...us two "old" rocker chicks are seriously looking at going to a show of theirs in November...but we just told each other, wow, spend all that money, fly to Vegas, get VIP tix and Axl throws a fit and doesn't show. Odds: 5-1 on a no show. BUT we are still thinking of going! The lack of Slash, Duff, et al, is also a big let down. I'm leaning towards no go.

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first i find it wierd that they are selling reserved seats up front,that cuts down on the number of tickets they can sell but they can charge more.
    i know the gnr tour that they did in the states the shows didnt sell ,infact they cancelled some.

i bet they will have to paper the house with comps to make it looked sold out.

i belive 12 shows and around 4000 a tickets a nite ,so would have to sell 48,000 tickets thats alot with just axl and a bunch of nobody's.

now on the good side the band will be living at the hardrock for the month so the can always drag his ass out of bed .:thumbsup:

14. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Axl & the new band live many times. Once in Vegas, once in NYC and a few times in Chicago

Yes they go on late, but who gives a shit? Its rock n roll, not knitting club. Every time I seen them, the band delivered. the last Chicago show was close to 3 hours long, and they played my all time favorite song, Estranged!

15. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't agree more. I seen them in 2006 and had a blast. As far as them going on late, Sebastian Bach was on That Metal Show and he and Axl are very tight. He said Axl is backstage getting his voice ready, he isn't doing it to alienate everyone and he wants everyone to get their moneys worth. Just remember, Slash auditioned for Poison and didn't make the band. Yes, I am more of an Axl supporter. Oh, and one of my favorites is Better. Awesome song, awesome guitars.

16. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always loved Axl but that's a bunch a BS. He could start "warming up" his voice during the afternoon or early evening. He's a psycho and looks for any reason for anything to piss him off so he can freak out. That's his history.

And for those who said who cares if he's late...do you say the same thing if your flight was supposed to leave at 9 am but didn't take off until 12:30 pm? Who cares right, you're going to vegas. It gets old. He's a prima donna doosh and always has been.

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i saw gnr in 1987 and 88 and then they where a great band :beer:

18. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may be right. But, something to consider: LV is a union town and crew costs are expensive. If Mr. Rose does indeed perform on his usual (read: late) schedule it could easily double costs to staff the show. There's no way the company will tolerate that. As a result, I would not be surprised if there's a rider in the contract with either stiff fines for late performances or requirements Rose make up the loss himself.

Look, I like GNR too. I hope it works and I am looking into buying tickets. But, I'll also be watching this roll out with a healthy dose of skepticism. Axl Rose has a history I think we all can agree is one that clearly identifies him as unreliable. Maybe this will be an opportunity for him to show he has matured.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.