1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1 Day car rental logistics

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jamie1983, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Vegas for 3 nights in February for my birthday. We always get a limo to the hotel and typically just cab it or walk if we need to get somewhere(typically the strip or downtown). This trip I am wanting to take a day to go exploring off the strip. What would be the easiest/least time consuming way to rent a car for a day? Do I need to take a cab to the airport/car rental lot get the car and then take a cab back to the hotel the next day when I return the car? Are there shuttles? Do any of the car rentals deliver?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost all hotels have car rental, or at least the one next door does. They do charge more at the hotel than the airport, but well worth it in my mind. Cab to airport, then a cab back. What a hassle.

On the other hand, if you are going to get a car for one day, why not just get one at the airport for all three days. That will handle your trip to the hotel, your trip back and the one day.

Go online and you will find rates pretty cheap.

3. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying? Some strip hotels have rentals on site.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest looking into getting a rental for all 3 days. It might be cheaper that taking a limo from adn to the airport as you have done in the past. Just drop the car off in valet and pick it up when you decide you need it again.

But if you do prefer just a one day rental, just check the hotel's website that you want to stay at and most likely they have a desk on site for rentals. Be aware though, they have limited hours when the desk is staffed. Taking a cab to and back from the airport just to pick up a rental would be a big hassle and waste of time and money.

5. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really enjoy taking a limo and having champagne while cruising the strip. I will either be staying at the Mirage or Venetian, I will check, to see if they have a rental or not.

6. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    car rental

they both have avis

7. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you could look at renting it at the end of your trip. That way, you still get the limo ride when you arrive, then rent the car the day before you leave and use it for your return trip to the airport. (you would save a little on cab fare)

8. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my 2 cents: Get the car rental for the full three days and use it to get to and from the airport, to keep your belongings after you check out/before you check in and to get around and see stuff away from the strip. If you really want to have a limo and champagne and cruise the strip, then why not just hire one from your hotel?

Top tip: Pick up your Champagne at the Orleans or the Gold Coast. Both have liquor stores with very reasonable prices.

Cheers!

9. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just for one day..........then DEFINITELY check out Dollar Car Rental at the TI........sometimes their rates even beat the airport rates.

10. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome!! Will check out TI if I'm at mirage or Venetian both are right there. Thanks everybody!

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure, doesn't Enterprise pick you up? Their commercials say that they do. maybe you can find an enterprise location and have them pick you up.

I remember that the old US rent a car (now part of advantage) would offer to pick you up on the strip but not sure about now.

12. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Enterprise at an airport in Florida and they would not pick up or drop off.

13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ha ha, so much about their tv commercials. Hey, maybe we should all get together and file a class action lawsuit for making false claims. but I guess like other commercials they will then put a disclaimer in small print on the bottom of the screen (if they haven't already), lol.

We get that all the time in hawaii, many of the tv specials, $5 subs from subway, cheap pizza prices from pizza hut, kfc specials, even specials from the parade or sunday tv week or usa today, etc. all are not honored in Hawaii so the ads are supposed to have a disclaimer saying that the specials are only good in selected locations, etc, etc,. :Þ

14. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I should have added that when I use them from home they do come and get me. It just might be an airport thing.:peace:

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some airports have Enterprise on site. Some do not.

They are usually PROHIBITED from picking up and dropping off at airport unless they have a facility at airport. This will vary from airport to airport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.